iDEA Growth Member News:
- Gambling Compliance, 4.14.20 – Online Operators Should Fare Best In Virus Rebound, Brokerage Says (subscription paywall)
- Online gambling operators William Hill, GVC, The Stars Group (TSG) and Flutter Entertainment are the leisure companies best placed to bounce back quickly in even a partial recovery from virus economic impact, a new analyst report has said.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.13.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: West Virginia Shocked Us For Minutes
- A month after the leagues started to shut down because of the coronavirus, there’s still plenty of sports betting news.
- PlayUSA, 4.13.20 – View: Future Of Sports Betting Is Bright, Even As Present Appears Cloudy
- The future of legal sports betting is bright – and mobile – in spite of society’s struggles, according to Daniel Kustelski, CEO and co-founder Chalkline Sports.
- SBC Americas, 4.14.20 – US Industry Stalwarts Join High-Level Speaker Roster At SBC Digital Summit
- The high-level speaker roster for the SBC Digital Summit has been augmented by the announcement of a collection of U.S. industry stalwarts set to participate in the Betting on Sports America track on Thursday April 30.
- PlayNJ, 4.13.20 – What Does A Post-Pandemic Future Look Like For Atlantic City And AC Casinos?
- The shutdown of the casinos in Atlantic City due to the COVID-19 pandemic is about to enter its second month. As it does, there are questions about the post-pandemic future of the Boardwalk and a town reliant on casino revenue.
- PlayPennsylvania, 4.13.20 – Which Sports Betting Options Remain In PA? Hint: It’s More Than Just Table Tennis
- The NHL, NBA and MLB seasons are in limbo as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. But it doesn’t mean Pennsylvania sportsbooks‘ cupboards are bare.
- Penn Bets, 4.13.20 – Costly Losses From Casinos’ Shutdown – Maybe More Than $250M Already – Adding Up In PA
- The casino industry’s shutdown couldn’t have come at a worse time for Pennsylvania, and not just because of the loss of March Madness sports betting.
- Online Poker Report, 4.14.20 – Southeast Connecticut Mayors Want Tribal Online Gaming Via Executive Order
- An organization representing 22 municipalities in southeast Connecticut asked Gov. Ned Lamont last week to authorize online gambling in the state.
- Gambling Compliance, 4.14.20 – Massachusetts Lawmakers Consider Mini-Casino To Replace Mashpee Resort
- The near complete collapse of the Maspee Wampanoag Tribe’s casino plans could prove to be a game-changer for developers eyeing distant suburbs south of Boston for the state’s next gambling venue, observers say.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.13.20 – Northam’s NASCAR Tweak Delays Virginia Sports Betting Bill Passage
- Many hoped Virginia sports betting would be law by now. That’s not the case, but it doesn’t appear to be far from happening.
- Law360, 4.13.20 – VA Gov. Would Delay Gambling Ban For Biz Pandemic Relief
- Virginia’s governor wants to delay a statewide ban on a form of gambling so that it can be taxed and the money used to establish a fund to help small businesses weather the coronavirus pandemic.
- iGB North America, 4.14.20 – Virginia Governor Requests Sports Betting Bill Amendments
- Virginia Governor Ralph Northam has put forward a number of amendments to a bill that would legalise sports wagering in the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.14.20 – Presidential Election Betting Asks In West Virginia Approved In An Hour, Emails Show
- DraftKings and BetMGM joined FanDuel in seeking approval to offer 2020 presidential election betting from West Virginia regulators, new documents show.
- News And Sentinel, 4.14.20 – Emails: W.Va. Lottery Backed Off Elections Betting
- The West Virginia Lottery approved elections betting markets by three different sports betting companies last week — even though elections betting is illegal — but quickly changed its mind according to emails released Monday.
- WKAR, 4.13.20 – Legal Sports Gambling Debuts In Michigan, Even If There Are No Sports To Wager On
- The global sports world has essentially gone quiet due to the Coronavirus pandemic. But when sports resume, Michigan’s sports gamblers will have a slew of in-person options for placing a wager.
- Inside Indiana Business, 4.13.20 – Sports Betting Lead Generation Site Expands To Indiana
- Leadstar Media, which provides lead generation services primarily for the sports betting industry, says it has received an affiliate certificate from the Indiana Gaming Commission to begin operating in the state.
- ESPN, 4.14.20 – Colorado Moves Ahead With Sports Betting
- Colorado leads a pack of states moving forward with sports betting, even as the industry is facing a significant slowdown during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.13.20 – Colorado Sports Betting Market Will See First SuperBook Outside Las Vegas
- The home of the famous SuperContest soon will arrive in the Colorado sports betting market this year.
- Sports Handle, 4.13.20 – SuperBook Set To Enter Colorado Sports Betting Market
- The competition for sports betting dollars in the state of Colorado ahead of its May 1 launch date intensified Monday with the announcement that the SuperBook will enter the Centennial State marketplace, through a partnership with The Lodge Casino in Black Hawk.
- Gambling Compliance, 4.14.20 – Shuttered California Cardrooms Sink City Budgets, Eye Federal Relief (subscription paywall)
- The state-mandated closure of cardrooms to stem the outbreak of the coronavirus is causing California cities to furlough workers and reduce their spending as tax revenues decline.