iDEA Growth in the News:
- PR Newswire, 4.15.19 – iDEA Growth Praises Ontario Budget Plan that Supports Competition in Online Gaming
- iDEA Growth, a trade association advocating for regulated online gaming, praised the release of Ontario’s 2019 budget, which included two key sections relevant to enhancing the online gaming sector.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.16.19 – Can Sweeteners Make Integrity Fee Easier To Swallow In Missouri Sports Betting?
- Why, that’s the integrity fee‘s music — and it’s coming from a Missouri sports betting bill! The Missouri House General Laws Committee amended H 119 Monday to include an integrity fee of 0.25 percent of handle to pro sports leagues and state universities. The NFL, MLB and NHL have franchises located in St. Louis and Kansas City.
- Sports Handle, 4.15.19 – Missouri Bill With ‘Royalty’ For Sports Leagues Moves Out Of Committee
- A Missouri House committee became the first in the nation on Monday to advance a sports betting bill that includes a “royalty” benefiting the professional leagues — an off-the-top cut off all wagers that Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association called at one time an “integrity fee.” The amended version also adds in a 0.6 percent “entry and facilities infrastructure fee.”
- Legal Sports Report, 4.15.19 – Indiana Sports Betting Bill Passes Through House Without Mobile
- Sports betting passed through its second legislative chamber in Indiana, though it’s going to take overtime to get the bill right.
- Sports Handle, 4.15.19 – Indiana House Passes Sports Betting Bill, With Mobile Still To Be Decided
- On Monday afternoon in Indianapolis, the Indiana House of Representatives voted 78-15 to pass its version of a gambling package that includes the legalization of sports wagering. It was a major hurdle to clear before the legislation, Senate Bill 552, potentially reaches the desk of Republican Gov. Eric Holcomb.
- Online Poker Report, 4.15.19 – NJ Blows Away Online Casino Record With Almost $40 Million In Revenue
- To say that theNew Jersey online casinomarket is doing well right now is a pretty big understatement. The state generated over $39 million in revenue in March, a record for the state by more than $5 million. That’s not a typo.
- Sports Handle, 4.15.19 – With Vendor Selected, Oregon Lottery Starts Developing Sports Betting Rules
- One of four states grandfathered in with a limited version of sports betting under the now-defunct Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, Oregon continues to move ahead with plans for full-fledged sports wagering through the state lottery. And the plan is to roll out state-wide mobile and kiosk offerings as soon as the upcoming football season.
- The New York Times, 4.16.19 – A Small Town Bet on Sports Gambling. It’s Still Waiting.
- A Supreme Court decision opened the way for states to allow sports betting, but some have moved slower than expected. One reason? Examples like Tunica, Miss.
Sports League News:
- NJ Online Gambling, 4.15.19 – SPORTSBOOKS NOT CRYING OVER THEIR TIGER BEAT
- Congratulations if you bet on Tiger Woods to win The Masters. You won big, with odds as high as 100/1 at one particular sportsbook.