- Associated Press, 4.15.22: US gambling group seeks crackdown on illegal betting sites
- The U.S. gambling industry’s national trade association is asking the federal government to crack down on illegal betting sites, saying consumers need to be protected.
- US Bets, 4.15.22: Illinois Casino And VGT Revenue Bounce Back Strongly In March
- No masks and March Madness were winning combo for Illinois casinos
- Lexington Herald Leader, 4.16.22: By failing to legalize sports betting, Kentucky is a loser bordered by winners
- By the end of this year’s NCAA basketball tournaments, the good people in the state of Illinois had wagered a combined $286 million on the men’s and women’s brackets.
- WFPL, 4.16.22: Bills that didn’t survive the Ky. legislative session (but could come back next year)
- Kentucky’s legislative session came to an end Thursday night with lawmakers passing dozens of new laws reflecting Republican priorities.
- CT Insider, 4.16.22: Calls to CT’s problem gambling hotline up 203% since launch of online gambling
- Calls to Connecticut’s problem-gambling hotline have more than tripled over the last six months after the state launched a series of sportsbooks and online gambling platforms, a deluge that advocates say has caught them off guard and strained resources.
- Bangor Daily News, 4.16.22: When it comes to tribal rights, I’m baffled by the people in power in Maine
- Opinion piece written by Cyril Francis, a Passamaquoddy tribal citizen