Industry News of the Day for April 21, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 4.21.22: DraftKings reveals plan to open ‘one-of-a-kind’ TPC Scottsdale sportsbook
- DraftKings has announced plans to open a ‘one-of-a-kind sportsbook and luxury dining experience’ at TPC Scottsdale in partnership with the PGA Tour.
- SBC Americas, 4.21.22: AGA: Gaming CEOs optimistic about industry’s continued growth and recovery
- The American Gaming Association’s (AGA) Gaming Industry Outlook survey has revealed that the majority of gaming CEOs are optimistic about the industry’s continued growth and recovery.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.20.22: Maine Sports Betting Bill Likely Heading To Governor
- Maine sports betting legislation is almost on its way to Gov. Janet Mills.
- Sports Handle, 4.20.22: Maine Legislators Take Major Step Toward Legal Sports Betting
- The state’s tribes would control online sports betting in the state under the bill
- Play USA, 4.20.22: Maine Tribal Sports Betting Bill Heads to Governor’s Desk
- A bill giving control of online sports betting to tribes in Maine heads to the desk of Democratic Gov. Janet Mills.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.20.22: Changes Await Missouri Sports Betting Bill On Senate Floor
- A Missouri sports betting bill is on its way to the Senate floor, but changes are coming.
- The Daily Record, 4.20.22: Mobile options for retail sports betting in Maryland have yet to get going
- Nearly a year and a half after Maryland voters approved a sports betting bill, Maryland’s sports betting industry isn’t fully up and running.
- Cumberland Times News, 4.20.22: City preparing for sports betting
- City officials are moving forward with regulations to allow for the likelihood of a sports betting operation in the city.
- The Sun, 4.20.22: Poll: Calif. online sports betting initiative failing to catch fire with voters
- While Californians prepare for a likely spending bonanza this fall over the rights to serve as the bookie for the state’s gamblers, it appears that one measure is already seeing hefty opposition mount.
- News 12 Bronx: Experts: Mobile sports betting contributing to rise of problem gambling
- Experts say problem gambling is on the rise with the arrival of mobile sports betting.
- iGaming Business: 4.21.22: DC betting revenue down 26.3% in March despite handle increase
- Sports wagering revenue in Washington DC fell 26.3% year-on-year to $1.4m (£1.1m/€1.3m) in March, despite handle increasing 34.2% year-on-year.
- Sports Handle, 4.21.22: Tennessee sportsbooks witness strong March despite no football
- Tennessee’s sportsbooks were able to surpass more than $370m in wagers during March thanks to bettor’s interest in the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament, according to PlayTenn.