Industry News of the Day for April 22, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 4.21.22: 888 Hires US Head, Sets Launch Date For Next SI Sportsbook
- 888 has hired a new US head as it looks to roll out its SI Sportsbook across the US.
- SBC Americas, 4.22.22: DraftKings publishes 2021 Sustainability Report
- DraftKings Inc has published its 2021 Sustainability Report, offering insights into the sportsbook’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) initiatives.
- Sports Handle, 4.22.22: Beto O’Rourke Voices Support For Legal Sports Betting In Texas
- During a press conference in Dallas on Wednesday, Texas gubernatorial candidate Robert “Beto” O’Rourke voiced his support for legalizing casino gambling and sports betting in the Lone Star State.
- Las Vegas Review Journal, 4.21.22: Beto O’Rourke backs casino gambling, sports betting to cut Texas taxes
- The Democratic candidate for Texas governor said he’d be inclined to support casino gambling and legalized sports wagering in the state as a means to decrease property taxes.
- Sports Handle, 4.21.22: Maryland Online Sports Betting Launch Likely Still Months Away
- On Thursday, the Maryland Sports Wagering Application Review Commission met for its monthly meeting, and one commissioner asked a question that’s likely on the minds of Maryland sports bettors.
- News 1: The future of sports betting in North Carolina
- Sports betting is legal in more than 30 states across the country. Depending on the state, people can place sports bets online, on their phone, in retail settings or a combination of the three.