iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 4.26.22: PointsBet Canada appoints Brett Jackman as VP of Strategy
- PointsBet has appointed Brett Jackman as the new Vice President of Strategy for PointsBet Canada.
- iGaming Business News, 4.25.22: Paysafe appoints Elbruz Yılmaz to new cryptocurrency role
- Payment provider Paysafe has appointed Elbruz Yılmaz to the newly-created role of senior vice president of cryptocurrency.
- Sports Handle, 4.25.22: Late Sen. Orrin Hatch Co-Authored PASPA, Later Proposed Federal Betting Framework
- Orrin Hatch, a longtime U.S. senator from Utah and at various times both an opponent of legal sports betting and a proponent of federal standards on the activity, died on April 23 in Salt Lake City at age 88.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.25.22: How Is Mobile Maryland Sports Betting Still Waiting On Timeline?
- Nearly 18 months after voters asked for it, there is still no final timeline for mobile sports betting in Maryland.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.25.22: Maine Sports Betting Bill Moves Off Table, On To Governor
- For the second time, sports betting in Maine is a signature away from legalization as it heads to Gov. Janet Mills‘s desk.
- Sports Handle, 4.25.22: Massachusetts Sports Betting Bill Moves, But Bumpy Road Ahead
- With little fanfare late Friday afternoon, the Massachusetts Senate Ways and Means Committee agreed to new language for a sports betting bill allowing for statewide mobile wagering.
- CBS Sports, 4.25.22: Sports betting in California: When it will be legalized, how to bet online, where to find picks, promos
- When will sports betting be legal in California? California legal online sports betting will be voted on in November 2022
- Spectrum News, 4.25.22: Ohio State voices concerns about roll out of sports betting in Ohio
- With the deadline for sports betting to go into effect in Ohio getting closer, one university is voicing concerns about its roll out.
- iGaming Business News, 4.25.22: South Carolina sports betting bill introduced
- A bill that would permit sports wagering in South Carolina has been introduced and referred to the state Committee on Judiciary.
- NBC 2, 4.25.22: SC lawmakers introduce bill to legalize sports betting
- Two lawmakers are making another attempt to legalize and regulate sports betting in the Palmetto State.