Industry News of the Day for April 27, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- US Bets, 4.27.22: Ask A Bookmaker With Johnny Avello: We’re Talkin’ Baseball
- DraftKings’ Hall-of-Fame bookmaker answers questions about the sports betting industry
- Yahoo! Finance, 4.27.22: Paysafe wins ‘Payments Provider’ 2022 EGR North America Award
- Paysafe wins ‘Payments Provider’ 2022 EGR North America Award
- SBC Americas, 4.27.22: GWS: Females joining US sportsbooks at faster rate than men
- New research from mobile insights consulting from Global Wireless Solutions has found that female users are signing up to US sportsbooks at a faster rate than men.
- NY Times Magazine, 4.27.22: Sports Betting Has Become So Easy That the Sports Seem Secondary
- Did a failure to satisfy our diminished attention spans lead to the gamification of every moment of the game?
Sports League News:
- iGB North America, 4.26.22: Bally’s Interactive pens partnership with the Cleveland Browns
- Bally’s Interactive, a division of Bally’s Corporation, has entered into a long-term partnership with American football team the Cleveland Browns.
- SBC Americas, 4.27.22: Bally’s Interactive becomes sports betting partner of Cleveland Browns
- Bally’s Interactive, a division of Bally’s Corporation, has agreed to a long-term partnership with the Cleveland Browns, becoming an official sports betting partner of the NFL franchise.
- Sports Handle, 4.27.22: Kansas, Missouri Still In Border War, But This Time It’s About Sports Betting
- Houses in both states passed wagering bills, and now time is running short in Senates
- KAIT 8, 4.26.22: Online gambling in Missouri moves one step closer
- Missouri lawmakers moved a step closer to making sports gambling in Missouri legal.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.26.22: Senate Vote Thursday On Heavily Amended MA Sports Betting Bill
- The Massachusetts Senate finally will weigh in on legal MA sports betting Thursday after about 10 months of inaction.
- Play USA, 4.26.22: Massachusetts Sports Betting Bill Needs Strong Kick Before Finish Line
- Massachusetts has a governor (Charlie Baker) with a perpetual pen in hand to sign a sports betting bill, a legislature that keeps filing them, a citizenry that wants one, and, for good measure, one of the United States’ biggest operators (DraftKings) headquartered in the state capitol.
- Online Poker Report, 4.26.22: Beto Ups The Ante In Texas, But Online Casino Gambling Still Years Away At Best
- Texas is not a gambling-friendly state at the moment. That could start to change, however, if Democratic gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke puts into action what he said on Wednesday.
- Sports Handle, 4.27.22: Responsible Gambling Funding Bill Introduced In Colorado House
- State would devote at least $2.5 million to grant program if bill is made law
- Play USA, 4.26.22: New York Online Casino, Sports Betting Expansion Bills Proceed In Senate
- While New York wasn’t able to work online casino legislation and expansion of its online sports betting system into its most recent budget, those issues aren’t dead for the year. In fact, recent activity in the state’s Senate shows New York gaming expansion is still on the table.
- Play NY, 4.26.22: Post-Budget Legislative Session Starts With Online Casino, Expanded Sports Betting Proposals
- In a procedural move at the start of post-budget legislative session, the New York Senate reported and committed to finance an effort to expand legal gambling in the Empire State with bills to include online casino gaming and expand online sports betting in New York.
- iGB North America, 4.26.22: New Yorkers using multiple mobile betting apps, research suggests
- Mobile sports betting players in New York use an average of 3.3 apps to place bets, suggesting a lack of operator loyalty, according to research from mobile gaming customer acquisition company Betting Hero.
- Play Illinois, 4.27.22: A Staggering Number Of Casino Jobs Are Coming To Illinois Thanks To 6 New Licenses
- New Illinois casinos will bring more than entertainment to residents of the Prairie State.
- KAIT 8, 4.26.22: Casino launches first Arkansas sports betting app for iPhones
- The first mobile sportsbook in Arkansas is now available for iOS devices in the Apple App Store. According to content partner KARK, the Betly Arkansas sportsbook app allows Southland Casino patrons and others to bet anywhere in the natural state.
- Daily Advertiser, 4.26.22: Is Louisiana’s gambling addiction problem on rise with sports betting expansion?
- Louisiana’s Legislature is debating a bill to require a program that bans gambling addicts from casinos to be adopted by mobile sports betting operators in the wake of a prominent state senator resigning in part because of her own addiction.