- Legal Sports Report: Unibet Strategic Review Could Make It Latest Sportsbook For Sale
- A strategic review by Kindred could mean another US sports betting brand is up for sale in Unibet. Kindred, listed in Stockholm, announced the strategic review Wednesday, the same day as its first-quarter trading update. North American operations improved for Unibet year-over-year, though the brand is still operating at a loss.
- Gambling News: Boyd Gaming Shows No Signs of Slowing Down, According to Q1 Results
- Boyd Gaming has built upon its substantial 2022 momentum, capitalizing on its diverse and resilient portfolio. Successful launches in new jurisdictions and the further development of existing markets were instrumental in maintaining revenue and EBITDAR growth. Such stellar results put the operator in a comfortable position to consolidate its market position and remain vigilant for new opportunities.
- PlayUSA: California Tribes, Cardrooms Make Nice On Moratorium Compromise
- California Indian tribes and cardrooms rarely agree on anything. Most California tribes and cardrooms this week supported a bill to reinstate a cardroom moratorium. The bill was introduced by Asm. James Ramos, a former tribal chairman of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The Senate Governmental Organization (GO) Committee voted 11-0 “do pass” on Tuesday, advancing AB 341 to the Senate Appropriations Committee.
- PlayIllinois: Bill Would Allow Online Betting On In-State Teams In Illinois
- New legislation filed last week in Springfield aims to amend a law currently prohibiting betting on Illinois college teams through online sportsbooks in the state. Representative Jonathan Carroll introduced HB4041 in the house on April 20. The bill would allow an Illinois online sportsbook to “accept a wager for a sports event involving an Illinois collegiate team if the wager is a tier 1 wager and the wager is not related to an individual athlete’s performance.”
- PlayMichigan: New Guidelines Allow Michigan Bettors To Place Live Bets During NFL Draft
- The NFL Draft is an anticipated event for Detroit Lions fans every year. However, it’s also an event that can lead to some confusion for Michigan sports bettors. While Michigan sportsbooks offer plenty of odds and markets for bettors, one thing that isn’t quite clear is the time restrictions related to betting on the NFL Draft.
- PlayOhio: Fanatics Sportsbook Beta-Testing In Ohio Ahead Of 2023 Launch
- Sports merchandising company Fanatics appears to be getting closer to launching its online sports betting product, Fanatics Sportsbook, in Ohio. The Fanatics Sportsbook app is currently being beta-tested in Ohio and Tennessee, the company confirmed last week. The Fanatics Sportsbook beta-testing began in Ohio in mid-April. The company began testing its sportsbook app in Tennessee in early March.
- SBC Americas: Rivalry Nets New $7.3m Investment After Record-Breaking Q4 & FY22
- Toronto-based sports betting and esports betting firm Rivalry achieved a record-breaking fourth quarter in 2022, notably seeing its revenue rise 338% from Q4 2021. Publishing its Q4, full-year and preliminary Q1 2023 results, the company recorded C$9.4m/$6.9m in revenue in Q4 2022 (Q4 2021: C$2.2m/$1.61m), its highest-ever revenue up to that point and up 7.2% sequentially from the previous quarter (C$7.1m/$5.21m), driven by sportsbook revenue of C$7.1m/$5.21m (Q3: C$6.1m/$4.48m).
- PlayPennsylvania: Pennsylvania Casinos Holding Own Despite Massive Online Market Growth
- Retail casinos in the state get lost in the shuffle as Pennsylvania online casinos have grabbed the headlines in recent months. Online casino operators broke another revenue record in March, however, retail casinos are holding their own despite the massive online growth. It shows that the Keystone State has a huge appetite for gaming, whether it’d be online or at a retail casino.