iDEA Growth News:
- Legal Sports Report, 4.29.22: Fertitta Stands By DraftKings Deal, Says Stock Could Get To $100
- The DraftKings acquisition of Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) is still on track despite recent delays, according to GNOG chairman Tilman Fertitta.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.29.22: MA Sports Betting Bill Clears Senate But Major Challenges Ahead
- After a long delay, the Massachusetts Senate passed a bill to legalize MA sports betting. Now, the real work can start.
- Sports Handle, 4.28.22: Massachusetts Senate Passes Sports Betting Bill, But Don’t Get Your Hopes Up
- The legislation is unpopular in the industry and radically different from a bill the House passed last July
- Boston 25 News, 4.29.22: Senate passes sports betting bill
- After years of discussion and pressure from both inside and outside the State House, the Massachusetts Senate voted Thursday to legalize sports wagering here, but lawmakers will have to reconcile the many differences between the Senate’s bill and the one that passed the House last summer before any bets can be placed.
- ABC 5 News, 4.29.22: Massachusetts Senate passes its version of sports betting bill, must work with House on new version
- The Massachusetts State Senate passed a bill on Thursday to legalize sports gambling in the commonwealth.
- WCVB, 4.28.22: Massachusetts lawmakers considering bill that would legalize sports betting
- Some estimates say legal sports gambling could bring an additional $35 million in revenue to Massachusetts.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.28.22: ‘That Dog Don’t Hunt’: Why MO Sports Betting Bill Stalled
- It looked like Missouri would legalize sportsbooks this year until the Senate insisted on other gaming accompanying the MO sports betting bill.
- KSHB News, 4.28.22: Odds becoming slim to legalize sports betting in Missouri
- Missouri’s sports betting proposal may have run out of luck.
- KY3, 4.28.22: Sports betting bill stalls in Missouri Senate following Wednesday filibuster
- Sports gambling in the Show-Me State will probably have to wait another year.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.28.22: Kansas Sports Betting Bill Quickly Bounces Back, Heads To Senate
- Kansas sports betting is back in the hands of the Senate after the House quickly approved a new conference committee report Thursday.
- Sports Handle, 4.29.22: Kansas Legislature Sends Statewide Mobile Wagering Bill To Governor
- Amended bill would allot 80% of sports betting tax revenue to attract professional sports teams
- Kansas Reflector, 4.28.22: House passes compromise sports gambling legislation; bill’s fate rests with Senate
- Proposal builds on controversial casino gambling law adopted in 2007
- The Wichita Eagle, 4.29.22: Kansas lawmakers give final approval to sports betting plan
- Kansas legislators gave final approval early Friday to a bill that authorizes betting on sporting events, with most of the state’s revenues from it going to efforts to lure the Missouri-based Kansas City Chiefs to the Kansas side of the metropolitan area.
- Topeka Capital Journal, 4.29.22: After years of waiting, Kansas lawmakers vote to legalize sports betting, attempt to lure KC Chiefs
- Want to wager on sports in Kansas? Well, for the first time, you can probably bet on a bill legalizing it becoming law.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.28.22: Tribe-Backed Poll: Online CA Sports Betting Proposal Faces Long Odds
- A new poll commission by proponents of retail-only tribal sports betting suggests California voters do not plan to support an online proposal, should it make November’s ballot.
- Sports Handle, 4.28.22: Minnesota Sports Betting Bill Makes Progress, Heads To House Floor
- The bill has made its way through several Minnesota House committees in recent months
- Action Network, 4.28.22: Minnesota House to Vote on Sports Betting
- Minnesota’s sports betting bill is headed to the House floor after clearing its fifth committee Thursday.
- ABC 15, 4.28.22: Arizona sees gambling addiction surge after sports betting is legalized
- Sports betting is impossible to avoid in Arizona. The constant commercials, billboards, and targeted mobile ads are designed to get you signed up and gambling — and it is working, too.
- 4029 News, 4.28.22: Mobile sports betting underway for the first time in Arkansas
- Betting on sports from your phone or mobile device is now available for the first time in Arkansas.
- KPVI, 4.28.22: Missing NFL bets could be costly for Ohio sports gaming
- Ohio could lose as much as $130 million a week if it continues to hold to a Jan. 1 launch date for legalized sports betting and miss the majority of the NFL season, an industry-leading group said.