- Gambling Compliance, 4.3.20 – Could Pandemic Be Silver Lining For Sluggish US Online Casino Market? (subscription paywall)
- Former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel coined the phrase, “Never let a crisis go to waste,” and despite the devastating impact on the U.S. gambling industry of the coronavirus, it may have opened the door to the long-awaited expansion of internet gaming.
- SBC Americas, 4.2.20 – 140 Industry Leaders Join SBC Digital Summit Speaker Line-Up
- The SBC Digital Summit is to feature a line-up of 140 big names from the global betting and gaming sector, with speakers including Carsten Koerl (CEO & Founder, Sportradar), Jesper Svensson (CEO, Betsson Group) and Paris Smith (CEO, Pinnacle).
- SBC Americas, 4.3.20 – Mark Balch: eSports Betting And Its Long-Term Growth
- Esports has taken centre stage in recent weeks as the betting industry adapts to the COVID-19 crisis which has led to live-sports becoming increasingly difficult to air.
- Front Office Sports, 4.2.20 – Drone Racing League Joins FanDuel As Fans Clamor For Live Event Betting
- As sports betting operators scramble to find unique offerings to keep bettors engaged, they’ve turned to Belarusian soccer, ping-pong, virtual NASCAR or any other live activity during the coronavirus shutdown.
- Sports Handle, 4.2.20 – Lingering Lottery Legal Battle Becoming Obsolete
- When legal battles linger for more than a year, the arguments made can come to seem outdated before a case is even settled.
- Penn Bets, 4.3.20 – Pennsylvania Online Lottery Reports 29-Percent Uptick In Play Amid Social Distancing
- Gambling via the internet is up across the board in Pennsylvania, including online lottery play.
- PlayPennsylvania, 4.2.20 – Daily Fantast Sports Is The Gateway To eSports Action In PA
- The time is now. With more traditional sports stuck on hiatus, esports are emerging from every corner to fill the void.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.3.20 – Cuomo’s State Budget Finalized With Mobile NY Sports Betting Left Out
- The Empire State isn’t planning on any revenue from mobile NY sports betting in the next fiscal year.
- DCist, 4.2.20 – DC’s Sports Betting App Is Finally Ready… But There Are No Sports
- After months of legal and bureaucratic challenges, D.C. Lottery’s sports betting app is ready to go.
- PlayIA, 4.2.20 – Winnevegas, Blackbird Bend Casino Both Delay Sportsbook Openings
- An example of the coronavirus’ impact on the sports gambling industry can be found in Iowa, where two casinos have been forced to delay incoming gaming operations.
- Times Square Chronicle, 4.3.20 – Will The Seminole Tribe Budge On Sports Betting?
- One state that’s yet to cash in its chips is Florida. While sports betting has been going on all around the Sunshine State, there’s been little progress made in any attempt to allow it to happen here.
- SBC Americas, 4.3.20 – GeoComply Goes Live In Colorado
- Geolocation solutions provider GeoComply has confirmed that it has been granted a vendor minor license following a special meeting held by the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission.