Industry News of the Day for April 5, 2022
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 4.5.22: White Hat Studios Pens New Jersey Content Deal With Resort Digital Gaming
- White Hat Studios has made the next steps in its US expansion by signing a ‘major’ content deal with Resort Digital Gaming in New Jersey.
Overall Industry News:
- CNBC, 4.5.22: Sports Betting Sites Report Records Amid March Madness
- CNBC’s Contessa Brewer joins ‘Squawk Box’ to break down how sports betting sites performed during March Madness.
- Play USA, 4.4.22: In California, The Last Laugh On Sports Betting Could Go To The Loudest Voice
- The legalization of California sports betting might be more about how and when rather than whether it will happen and the answer to those questions are the subjects of fierce debate.
- SBC, 4.4.22: Kansas Sports Betting Bill Almost Squandered By Kansas City Chiefs Move
- A motion to move the Kansas City Chiefs from Missouri to the state of Kansas almost scuppered a sports betting bill over the weekend, according to CJonline.
- Action Network, 4.5.22: Georgia Ends Session Without Legalizing Sports Betting
- The state’s 2022 legislative session ended Monday night without lawmakers passing legislation, pushing sports betting in the Peach State back at least another two years.
- Sports Handle, 4.5.22: Legal Sports Betting Is Not Coming To Georgia In 2022
- The state’s 2022 legislative session concluded Monday, and lawmakers couldn’t come to terms on sports betting legislation. Rep. Ron Stephens led a late push to legalize sports wagering in Georgia, but last week’s efforts ultimately fell short.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.5.22: Colorado Sports Betting Tops $6 Billion Bet Since Launch
- Sports betting in Colorado passed the $6 billion mark for total dollars bet since launch in May 2020 with February‘s results.