iDEA Growth in the News:
- Action Network, 4.5.22: ‘Border War’ Rivalry Helps Fast-Track Legal Sports Betting in Kansas, Missouri (John Pappas quoted)
- “I think the next step is you’ll see both states fighting to launch first,” said John Pappas, a lobbyist for iDEA Growth, which advocates for legal sports betting across the United States.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 4.6.22: Sportradar Enters Ontario And Launches Sportradar Integrity Exchange
- Sportradar has announced it has received a supplier registration for the igaming market of Ontario, and that its integrity unit – Sportradar Integrity Services – has launched the Sportradar Integrity Exchange to help combat suspicious betting activity.
- SBC, 4.6.22: Golden Nugget Partners With DGC In New Jersey
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) has partnered with Digital Gaming Corporation (DGC) in New Jersey, debuting the developer’s fan-favorite games on the operator’s online casino site.
- US Bets, 4.6.22: Ask A Bookmaker With Johnny Avello: The Value Of Information (Johnny Avello from DraftKings)
- Welcome to our weekly “Ask a Bookmaker” feature, which answers many of the common (and uncommon!) questions gamblers and enthusiasts have about how sportsbooks operate in the modern age of sports betting.
- Play NY, 4.5.22: How Yankees, Mets Plan To Incorporate Sports Betting During Live Broadcasts (PointsBet mentioned)
- Mets and Yankees telecasts on SNY and YES Network will have an increased presence around the sports betting space. As part of SNY’s partnership with PointsBet, viewers should start to see odds integrations tied to live betting while watching Mets’ broadcasts.
- Play USA, 4.5.22: FanDuel Lands TSN Exclusive Sportsbook Odds Provider Deal In Ontario
- The market leader for several United States jurisdictions has made a big move toward extending that leadership into Ontario. A new FanDuel–TSN partnership will ensure visibility for FanDuel in terms of Canadian sports betting.
- US Bets, 4.5.22: It All Adds Up: New York Enters The Chat In Record-Smashing January For Sports Betting
- The first clue about how big New York‘s splash into the mobile sports wagering waters would be was a subtle one. It came from the state’s gaming commission, which changed the frequency of its revenue reports from monthly to weekly.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.5.22: Mobile NY Sports Betting Sees Lowest Full Week Of Handle To Date
- Mobile NY sports betting handle dipped to its lowest handle total in the week ending March 27 since the market launched in January.
- Play CA, 4.5.22: Update on California Sports Betting Initiatives for 2022 Ballot
- American Indian tribes currently have a monopoly on casino gambling in California. Sports betting is still illegal in the state, but that could change this year.
- SBC, 4.6.22: Virginia Sportsbooks Aided By Super Bowl Bets In February
- Sportsbooks in Virginia took an overall handle of $401.9m in February, a 51.2% increase year-on-year, boosted by Super Bowl bets.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.5.22: Growing VA Sportsbooks Hit New Milestone As New Ops Enter
- VA sportsbooks passed $4 billion in handle in the market’s 13-plus months of operation since launching last January.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.5.22: Kansas Sports Betting Bill Stalled At Finish Line For Three Weeks
- A bill legalizing mobile and retail sports betting in Kansas made great strides last week but must wait at least three weeks for more action.
- Play USA, 4.5.22: Tide Goes Out On Alabama Gambling Bills For 2022
- Proponents of gambling expansion in Alabama might try again in the next session. That might be more the case for some of the proposals than others, as the various bills saw varying levels of success.
- Portland Press Herald, 4.6.22: Maine Voices: Sports Betting Bill Is A Win For The Tribes In Maine
- Maine is ready to pass a sports wagering bill that is inclusive of the tribes, helps to eliminate the illegal offshore market and generates revenue for the state. That bill is L.D. 1352.