- Sports Handle, 4.7.21 – A Tangled Web: New York Shifts Attention To Competitive Bidding Process After Historic Sports Betting Deal
- Industry receives some clarification on platform providers one day after mobile sports betting agreement
- Online Poker, 4.8.21 – New York’s Mobile Sports Betting Proposal Is A Mess, But Leaves The Door Open For Online Poker
- Yesterday, New York published its state budget bill including detailed language on legalizing mobile sports betting. Online Poker Report and others have argued that this brings the state closer to allowing online poker.
- Sports Handle, 4.7.21 – Tennessee Lawmakers Dragging Feet On Updating Sports Betting Law
- Changes to how sports betting will be regulated are coming in Tennessee, but maybe not as quickly as some stakeholders would like. A pair of bills that would prevent consumers from taking high-interest, high-risk loans and opening sports betting accounts in the same location were on committee agendas in both the Senate and House on Tuesday, but no action was yet taken. A second set of bills was approved and is moving forward in the House.
- Sports Handle, 4.7.21 – Try, Try Again: After ’20 Governor Veto, Maine Lawmaker Kicks Tires Again On Sports Betting
- Last time around in Maine, the powers that be managed to kill a bill to legalize sports wagering that the legislature sent to Gov. Janet Mills. This time around, while time and a pandemic have changed the landscape, pretty much the same bill to open a competitive marketplace is back on the table.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.7.21 – SENATE COMMITTEE FINE-TUNING MARYLAND SPORTS BETTING LEGISLATION
- With a deadline looming Monday, Maryland sports betting legislation should see the Senate floor Thursday. The Senate Budget and Taxation Committee unanimously passed a workgroup’s changes to HB 940 Wednesday.
- iGaming Business, 4.8.21 – North Carolina considers online sports betting in new bill
- Lawmakers in North Carolina are to run the rule over a new bill that proposes legalizing online sports wagering in the US state.
- WECT News, 4.7.21 – Love sports betting? A new bill aims to make it legal in North Carolina
- A group of North Carolina senators filed a bill that would make sports betting legal in the state, which could help pay for education expenses and school construction.
- Washington Business Journal, 4.7.21 – D.C.’s sports betting operation is falling far short of revenue goals. Its private competitors are gaining steam.
- Lottery officials are slashing tax revenue projections for sports wagering by $31.4 million.