Industry News of the Day for April 9, 2021
- Sports Handle, 4.8.21 – Maryland Sports Betting Bill Takes One More Step Toward Legalization
- Maryland is poised to become one of the most open and inclusive legal sports betting markets in the U.S. after the full state Senate passed an amended version of the House’s sports betting framework bill by voice vote Thursday morning. The bill now moves on to third reading, likely Friday, before it would be sent back to the House for approval because the Senate added amendments. HB 940 initially passed the House in March.
- WBAL 11, 4.8.21 – Maryland Senate gives preliminary approval to sports betting bill
- The Maryland Senate gave preliminary approval Thursday to a sports betting bill. It allows legalized gambling on professional sports to begin as early as this fall.
- Sports Handle, 4.8.21 – Louisiana Sports Betting Bill Goes For The Gusto: Statewide Mobile, Including Bars, Restaurants
- Longtime Louisiana gaming official Ronnie Jones said Wednesday that given that state’s stops and starts in the past few years, he recommended that sports betting backers “go conservative, and then expand more later.”
- Legal Sports Report, 4.9.21 – SENATOR SAYS ARIZONA SPORTS BETTING COULD GET GREEN LIGHT NEXT WEEK
- An unexpected vote to move Arizona sports betting legislation forward is set for Monday. For more than a month, AZ sports betting legislation sat idle in the Senate. Now, the bills legalizing daily fantasy sports and sports betting in Arizona gets its chance.
- Legal Sports Report, 4.9.21 – NEW NORTH CAROLINA SPORTS BETTING BILL WOULD OPEN ONLINE MARKET
- A new sports betting bill hit the North Carolina State Capitol this week. Senators Jim Perry and Paul Lowe filed SB 688 Wednesday. The bipartisan bill authorizes and enacts NC sports betting.
- Cincinnati Business Courier, 4.9.21 – Ohio legislators doubling down on legalized sports gambling
- State legislators are working to pass a bill legalizing sports gambling, and experts say it could be operational in Ohio a year from now. If the bill succeeds, the state is looking to make millions.
- SBC Americas, 4.9.21 – Remote registration and March Madness give Iowa sportsbooks a lift
- Iowa sportsbooks capitalized on the popularity of March Madness to establish new records last month, generating more than $160m in wagering and marking a welcome return to form following February’s modest dip in handle, according to analysts for PlayIA.