- Omaha World-Herald, 7.31.19 – Get Your Husker And Hawkeye Bets Ready: Iowa Takes Final Step To Legalize Sports Gambling
- Before the curtain rises on the 2019 college football season, Omaha-area betting enthusiasts will be able to place legal wagers on the Huskers or the Hawkeyes at Iowa casinos.
- AP News, 7.31.19 – Lawmakers Say They’ve Come Up With Wide-Ranging Casino Plan
- A bipartisan group of lawmakers from around Connecticut announced Wednesday they’ve crafted a wide-ranging compromise bill they hope could lead to a tribal casino in Bridgeport and legalized sports betting.
- Online Poker Report, 7.31.19 – Connecticut Lawmakers Push For Expanded Gambling, But It’s A Big Lift
- After individual attempts to legalize sports betting, online gambling, and a new land-based casino stalled, Connecticut lawmakers are floating a comprehensive proposal for expanded gambling. The bipartisan bill, dubbed the Connecticut Jobs and Revenue Act, is still in its early form and has yet to be formally introduced.
- Hartford Courant, 7.31.19 – Connecticut Lawmakers Strike Deal For Bridgeport Casino And Sports Betting, But Gov. Ned Lamont Raps Plan And Withholds Support
- A bipartisan group of state lawmakers announced Wednesday a long-sought deal with Connecticut’s two tribal casinos to establish a gambling site in Bridgeport, but Gov. Ned Lamont was not involved in drafting the legislation and said it has numerous shortcomings.
- Play Pennsylvania, 7.31.19 – Now Fully Launched, FanDuel Is Officially Setting New Bar For PA Betting
- When FanDuel began testing in Pennsylvania, plenty of people raised an eyebrow. Rather than use a separate app from its New Jersey counterpart, FanDuel used one app that seamlessly transitions from New Jersey to Pennsylvania and back again.
- Play WV, 7.31.19 – FanDuel In WV For WVU Football? Good News As Sports Betting Revenue Bounces Back
- Last week, after posting the third-lowest handle since legal sports betting in West Virginia debuted, sportsbooks had a pretty good week considering the current circumstances. They pulled in around $1.8 million in wagers, over $700,000 more than the previous week.
- AP News, 7.31.19 – Sports Betting Generates $2.1M In Rhode Island In June
- June was a bad month for gamblers betting on pro sports in Rhode Island, but a great one for the house.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 7.31.19 – Penn National Gaming Strikes Sports Betting Deals With DraftKings, Kambi, And More
- Penn National Gaming removed any remaining doubt about its plans to capitalize on US sports betting expansion. The company issued a press release late Wednesday announcing an impressive new quartet of market-access agreements.
- Sports Handle, 7.31.19 – Penn National Gaming Lands Market Access Agreement With DraftKings, PointsBet, The Score And The Stars Group
- Penn National Gaming, Inc. announced Wednesday evening that it has entered into multi-year agreements with several prominent sports betting operators, orchestrating a power play that could shape the U.S. legalized gambling market over the next decade.