iDEA Growth Member News:
- Action Network, 8.9.21: New York Sports Betting Applications: Big Names Dominate Bids (DraftKings, FanDuel, PointsBet, bet365 mentioned)
- The nation’s top sportsbooks have teamed together for one of the coveted New York online sports betting licenses, according to a document released by state officials Monday night.
- IGB, 8.10.21: PointsBet appoints Aonghus Mulvihill as sportsbook trading VP
- Online gaming operator PointsBet has announced the appointment of Aonghus Mulvihill as its new vice president of global sportsbook trading.
- Play Michigan, 8.9.21: DraftKings Acquires Golden Nugget: What Does That Mean In Michigan?
- Another day, another acquisition in the fast-growing online gambling world. This one involves two operators live in the young Michigan online casinos and online sports betting spaces, as DraftKings announced a $1.56 billion all-stock purchasing agreement of Golden Nugget Online Gaming on Monday.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 8.9.21: The Gambling Industry Desperately Needs Gaming Knowledge Centers, But Setting Them Up Is Easier Said Than Done
- This was the topic of a panel at the recent CasinoBeats Summit. Titled Chaos or Sustainability: the Choice Is in Our Hands, the panel brought together three experts from various parts of the industry.
- IGB, 8.10.21: NBC Sports establishes new division for dedicated betting focus
- NBC Sports has established a new division to streamline its development efforts in betting, gaming and a number of other areas.
- US Bets, 8.10.21: It All Adds Up: The House Wields The Hammer In June And Cleans Up
- While no national monthly records were set in any of the three major money categories in June, the nearly $318 million in operator revenue and $48.4 million in tax receipts were both the third-highest monthly totals among the 37 comprising the post-PASPA era.
- IGB, 8.10.21: Oregon Lottery Sports Betting Revenue Dips Month-on-month In July
- Oregon experienced a month-on-month dip in sports betting revenue for the month of July, having previously been on the increase in recent months.
- SBC, 8.10.21: North Carolina Sports Betting Takes Further Step To Ratification
- Sports betting is closer than ever to legalisation in North Carolina as legislation to license and tax it cleared another state Senate committee, according to a Centre Daily report.
- WAVY, 8.9.21: Slim Majority Shows Support For Legalizing Sports Gambling In North Carolina
- A slim majority of North Carolinians support legalized sports gambling here, with 54% approving and 46% disapproving.
- TN Bets, 8.10.21: Tennessee Looks To Strengthen 10% Required Hold For Sportsbooks
- Sports betting regulators in Tennessee held a meeting over Zoom on Monday afternoon to continue moving the ball down the field to basically re-adopt regulations for the industry after a recent law change shifted oversight duties away from the state lottery.
- Play USA, 8.9.21: Are We Really A Month Out From Legal Arizona Sports Betting?
- In one month, the Arizona Department of Gaming hopes to flip the proverbial switch on legal sports betting operations in the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.9.21: First NFL Stadium Sportsbook To Arrive In AZ Sports Betting Market
- BetMGM has its AZ sports betting partners and they come with a super weekend on the horizon.