iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 8.10.21: Kambi Agrees Sports Betting Partnership With Island Luck
- Kambi has entered a multi-year partnership with Bahamas-based operator Island Luck, which will see Kambi become the brand’s official online sports betting partner.
- IGB, 8.11.21: Draftkings Marketplace Goes Live With First NFT Drops Scheduled
- US sportsbook giants DraftKings has officially launched its non-fungible token (NFT) platform DraftKings Marketplace, with its inaugural content available for purchase this week.
- Play IN, 8.10.21: DraftKings Now Offers Same-Game Parlays In Indiana
- The sportsbook just rolled out the feature in markets around the country, including Indiana. These types of wagers could become a difference maker for the company going forward.
- Play IL, 8.10.21: DraftKings-Golden Nugget Deal Could Impact Future Illinois Online Casino Market (quotes Jason Robbins and Tilman Fertitta)
- DraftKings will acquire Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) for $1.56 billion, according to both companies. It’s a move that signals DraftKings’ desire to ramp up its online casino presence.
- Play NJ, 8.10.21: DraftKings Announces Agreement To Acquire GNOG, Combining NJ Online Gambling Market Leaders
- DraftKings announced the deal Monday, which should increase the hype around its stock value. In terms of NJ, though, it’s the ultimate “if you can’t beat them, buy them out” move.
Overall Industry News:
- Bloomberg, 8.11.21: Sports Betting Is in the Midst of Another Seismic Shift (subscription paywall)
- The global sports betting industry has been characterized over the past five years by equal parts growth and consolidation.
- Play USA, 8.10.21: New Jersey Launches Fixed-Odds Horse Racing – Could Other States Follow?
- New Jersey became the first state to legalize fixed-odds horse wagering last week, potentially setting it up as a leader in the American gambling industry again three years after it helped set legal sports betting onto a national trajectory.
- Play NY, 8.10.21: As NY Online Sports Betting Nears, More Funds For Problem Gambling?
- The New York Council on Problem Gambling wants more funding for next year as online sports betting gets closer to reality.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.10.21: Analysis: No Mobile NY Sports Betting Changes Expected After Cuomo Resignation
- Let’s get this out of the way: do not expect any big changes to the launch plans for mobile NY sports betting follow Tuesday’s news.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.11.21: Sure, Take Your Time: MA Sports Betting Likely On Hold Until Fall
- Most states in New England either offer or will launch sportsbooks. So why is there no urgency to legalize MA sports betting?
- Boston Herald, 8.10.21: Gambling Revenues Soar As States Cash In On Sports Betting, But Massachusetts Still Dragging Its Feet
- Sports betting has proven to be a slam dunk, buoying gaming revenues nationally throughout the coronavirus pandemic, the latest tallies show, but it’s still unclear if Massachusetts will get its shot to cash in as the state Senate drags its feet once again.
- Sports Handle, 8.11.21: North Carolina Lawmakers, Constituents Support Legal Sports Betting
- North Carolina lawmakers appear to be in sync with their constituents when it comes to legal sports betting.
- Online Poker Report, 8.11.21: Connecticut Lottery To Announce Its Selection Of Sports Betting Partner On August 12
- The Connecticut Lottery Corporation (CLC) has made its selection of a sports betting partner. However, it’s holding off on officially announcing which of many companies interested in being the lottery’s “sports betting solution and services” partner it has chosen. It will reveal its choice tomorrow during a Zoom press conference.