Industry News of the Day for August 12, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 8.12.21: Entain Focuses On Strong US Progress With Betmgm Amid Buoyant Interims
- Global sports betting brand Entain plc has noted significant progress made by its US-facing business in its interim results for the six-month period ending 30 June 2021 published today.
- AZ Central, 8.11.21: Place Your Bets: 2 Downtown Phoenix Venues For Sports Gambling Are Preparing To Open (FanDuel mentioned)
- FanDuel’s downtown Phoenix sportsbook at Footprint Center, home of the Phoenix Suns and Mercury, will be ready for gamblers on Sept. 9, according to the company that is scrambling to finish construction and licensing by the kick off date.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 8.11.21: AGA President Bill Miller: The Gaming Industry Is Clearly On Its Way Back
- With the ink barely dry on the American Gaming Association’s latest Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker, President and CEO Bill Miller addressed the industry this week to share his thoughts on a record $13.6bn generated in Q2 2021.
- Tampa Bay Times, 8.12.21: Why You Can Bet On More Sports Betting References Thanks To COVID-19
- Sports gambling was already on the rise thanks to a Supreme Court ruling in 2018 that paved the way for states to legalize it. The pandemic took betting to another level as teams and leagues tried to stave off declines in money and viewership.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.11.21: Meadowlands Owner: Mobile NY Sports Betting Model A ‘Blessing’ For NJ
- Owner Jeff Gural cut straight to the point when explaining why his Tioga Downs was not involved in a mobile NY sports betting bid.
- WFSB, 8.11.21: Conn. Sports Betting May Come In Time For Football
- While sports betting is now legal in Connecticut, it could be a little longer before you can place your bets.
- Play IN, 8.12.21: Indiana Bettors Have Wagered $3 Billion In The Last 12 Months
- Indiana’s sports betting handle took an expected step back in July.
- Play USA, 8.11.21: PlayUSA Rewind: Big Deal Signals The Beginning Of Florida Sports Betting
- What a weekend for Florida sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 8.11.21: Florida-Seminole Compact Published; Fall Go-Live Date Looks Possible
- The Seminole Indian Tribe’s gaming compact with the state of Florida became operational Wednesday when the Department of the Interior’s Bureau of Indian Affairs published it in the Federal Register.
- Sports Handle, 8.11.21: Arizona Has Too Many Event Wagering Applicants And Not Enough Licenses
- On Wednesday, the Arizona Department of Gaming announced that it received 25 event wagering operator license applications, but that it has only 20 it can issue.