iDEA Growth Member News:
- Fox Business, 8.17.20 – With NHL Deal, Sportradar Hits Sports Betting Grand Slam
- Sports betting data firm Sportradar secured partnerships with all four major U.S. sports leagues as it explores the possibility of going public, according to a report Sunday.
- Bloomberg, 8.17.20 – Sports Betting Getting Back To Normal
- After months of oddball online bets on politics and Google Search trends, DraftKings and FanDuel are gearing up for the return of the NBA, MLB, and NHL.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 8.17.20 – Where Are All The US Online Casino Startups?
- As Chris Grove, a managing partner at the Sports Gaming Investment Fund (SGIF), put it recently: “I see a ton of startups that are aiming to ‘reinvent the online sportsbook’ but basically none that are looking to “reinvent the online casino.”
- Gambling Compliance, 8.18.20 – Payment Modernizations Occurring But US Gaming Industry Falls Short Of Widespread Adoption (subscription paywall)
- Cashless gaming is rapidly evolving as regulators, lawmakers and casino operators see consumer demand increasing for this technology and as the coronavirus pandemic continues to generate industry concern around employees and customers handling cash on the casino floor.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.17.20 – PA Sports Betting Begins To Rebound But Still Lags NJ In Handle
- Sports betting in Pennsylvania made a big surge in July as major US sports finally returned to the airwaves.
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.17.20 – PA Sports Betting Hits $165M In Wagers For July Thanks To Return Of Major Sports
- The return of major sports gave Pennsylvania sportsbooks a big jolt. Sports betting handle in PA for July was $165 million, a significant 84% increase from $89 million in June.
- iGB North America, 8.18.20 – PA Betting & iGaming Mitigate Land-Based Decline In July
- Gambling revenue in Pennsylvania more than doubled month-on-month in July to $283.1m, as the state’s market continued to recover from the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) shutdown.
- SBC Americas, 8.18.20 – IGT And New York Lottery Extend Current Contract By Two Years
- International Game Technology PLC (IGT) has confirmed this week that its subsidiary, IGT Global Solutions Corporation, has firmed up a two-year contract extension with the New York Lottery.
- Sports Handle, 8.17.20 – Illinois COVID-19 Mitigations Affect East St. Louis-Area Casinos, Sports Betting
- Capacity and operating hours will be reduced at DraftKings at Casino Queen and Argosy Casino Alton, two of the four casinos where sports betting is currently live in Illinois, for at least next two weeks starting Tuesday.
- PlayIllinois, 8.17.20 – There’s A Possible Problem For Illinois Online Sportsbooks Brewing
- In Illinois, in-person registration for online sports betting accounts might not end exactly when everyone expects it to end.
- iGB North America, 8.18.20 – Mississippi Betting Market Returns To Growth In June
- The latest figures from the Mississippi Gaming Commission show the state’s sports betting market recovered from June’s losses in July, growing revenue year-on-year despite a decline in amounts wagered.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.18.20 – San Jose Goes It Alone In Asking Voters To Raise Taxes On Cardrooms, Third-Party Providers (subscription paywall)
- A measure asking San Jose voters to approve an increase in the city’s cardroom tax to fund a variety of programs is headed to the November ballot, but the northern California city remains alone in its efforts to generate more revenue from its gaming establishments.
- Sports Handle, 8.17.20 – Proposed Puerto Rico Sports Betting Regs Unusual, Quirky
- Known for its gambling culture and tourism, Puerto Rico is on the cusp of becoming the first U.S. territory to have operators go live with legal sports betting.