iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 8.18.21: Fanduel Secures Partnership With Jordan Spieth And PGA TOUR
- Three-time major champion Jordan Spieth is joining the FanDuel Group as part of an exclusive partnership that designates the firm as an official sports betting partner of the PGA TOUR and daily fantasy provider for Spieth.
- SBC, 8.18.21: Draftkings Secures Official Sports Betting Tie-up With Baltimore Ravens
- The Baltimore Ravens have announced the completion of a deal with DraftKings Inc this week, with the DFS and sportsbook operator being appointed as the Official Daily Fantasy Sports Partner and an Official Sports Betting and Free-to-Play Partner of the NFL team.
- SBC, 8.18.21: Draftkings Marketplace Launches In Canada Ahead Of Exclusive Wayne Gretzky NFT Drops
- DFS and sportsbook operator DraftKings has extended its DraftKings Marketplace to include customers in Canada ahead of the exclusive Wayne Gretzky NFT (non-fungible token) drops.
- TN Bets, 8.17.21: Georgia To Contribute $2.25M To FanDuel For Opening Atlanta Offices
- FanDuel is coming to Georgia even without sports betting legalization.
- Sports Handle, 8.18.21: Mergers And Acquisitions Market In The Casino And Betting World Heats Up (mentions DraftKings and Golden Nugget)
- The pace of mergers and acquisitions in the sports betting and online gaming world has certainly picked up steam in the last few months, most notably with Penn National Gaming buying Score Media and Gaming in a $2 billion deal and DraftKings swooping in to purchase Golden Nugget Online Casino for $1.5 billion in stock.
Overall Industry News:
- Action Network, 8.17.21: How Much Tax Revenue Is Every State Missing Without Online Sports Betting?
- Sports gambling in the U.S. is on the rise and currently a $1.5 billion a year industry, but there are still states with heavy wagering restrictions in play.
- IGB, 8.18.21: Delaware Online Gambling Revenue Rises 12.4% Year-on-year In July
- The Delaware Lottery reported a 12.4% year-on-year increase in online gambling revenue to $793,017 in July, though this was the market’s lowest monthly total since February.
- Play VA, 8.18.21: Washington DC July Handle Up $12 Million YOY, But There’s A Catch
- Compared to this time last year, Washington, DC July handle for 2021 is a boon. That growth of more than $12 million in dollars wagered on sports betting isn’t properly understood without key details, however.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.18.21: More Qualified Tribes Than Available AZ Sports Betting Licenses
- State regulators have a tough job ahead with less than a month to go until the Sept. 9 launch of AZ sports betting.
- Play CO, 8.17.21: SI Sportsbook Available To Colorado Sports Bettors Via Its Website
- The Sports Illustrated Sportsbook is live in Colorado.
- Sports Handle, 8.17.21: Political Football In California? Latest Statewide Mobile Initiative Means Two Groups Will Fight For Legal Sports Betting
- There is now a “Y” in the pathway to legal sports betting in California after a group of four cities filed a ballot initiative to allow statewide mobile wagering and retail betting at the state’s tribal casinos, horse racetracks, card rooms, and professional sports stadiums.
- Saturday Down South, 8.18.21: Florida Sports Betting Faces Yet Another Legal Challenge
- If you had any hopes Florida sports betting would begin unabated by its potential launch date of Oct. 15 you may not want to read any further.