Industry News of the Day for August 19, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 8.18.21: Sportradar And Fanduel Group Agree Partnership Extension To 2028
- Sports betting and sports entertainment provider Sportradar has extended its existing partnership with FanDuel Group today, making it the chosen data/odds supplier for the DFS and sportsbook operator through to 2028.
- Play PA, 8.18.21: Summertime Blues: Pennsylvania Sportsbooks Continue Their Slump in July as Handle Drops for Fourth Straight Month
- Pennsylvania sportsbooks can’t wait for the return of football. Handle dropped to $304.4 million in July, the lowest since July 2020. Bettors wagered about 25% less than they did last month.
- Play NY, 8.18.21: Key Senator On NY Online Sports Betting: ‘We Have To Be Up And Running By The Super Bowl’
- Ever the optimist, Addabbo remains hopeful that legal NY online sports betting will be live by Super Bowl Sunday in February of next year.
- SBC, 8.18.21: Connecticut Sportsbooks May Not Open In Time For 2021 NFL Kickoff
- Connecticut’s online and retail sportsbooks may not open in time for the 2021 NFL season Kickoff game, according to a report by Action.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.19.21: North Carolina Sports Betting Bill Up For Final Senate Reading
- A bill legalizing mobile sports betting in North Carolina continues to move swiftly through the legislature following several months of inaction.
- Business Report, 8.19.21: Don’t Wager On Betting On LSU To Start The Season In Baton Rouge
- Sports betting in Louisiana may not begin until mid football season, says Ronnie Johns, chairman of the Louisiana Gaming Control Board, but Baton Rouge is already preparing.
- Play TN, 8.18.21: New Tennessee Sports Betting Rules Advance Through Rulemaking Committee
- The Rulemaking Committee of the Sports Wagering Advisory Council (SWAC) met on Wednesday, Aug. 18 to review proposed revisions to Tennessee sports betting laws.
- Play IO, 8.19.21: Several Iowa Sportsbooks Offer Same-Game Parlays, Just A Little Different
- Same-game parlays (SGP) bring bigger risks, bigger rewards and more traffic to some of the most well-known sports betting operators in Iowa.
- Play CO, 8.19.21: Tipico Sportsbook Becomes 25th Sports Betting App To Launch In Colorado
- As the start of the Denver Broncos and NFL season fast approaches, sportsbooks want to get into the Colorado sports betting market.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.18.21: Lawsuit Filed Against Feds Over Florida Sports Betting Approval
- The Department of Interior is named in a lawsuit over its approval of the compact that allows sports betting in Florida through inaction.