iDEA Growth in the News:
- GeoComply, 8.21.20 – iDEA Growth Power Lunch Summit
- GeoComply is partnering with iDEA Growth to present a series of three webinars covering important topics for the iGaming and online sports betting industry. The iDEA Growth Power Lunch Summit sessions run at noon Eastern Time on September 9th,10th and 11th, bringing together experts from across the industry to provide their insight and expertise on three important topics.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- PlayNJ, 8.20.20 – NJ Gaming News: Golden Nugget Online Gaming Shines; FanDuel Told To Pay Out Bets (DraftKings, Golden Nugget)
- Who is getting excited about the start of NFL betting season?
- Penn Bets, 8.20.20 – Pennsylvania Online Poker Market Overtaken By New Jersey’s In First Two Months Of Summer
- The COVID-19 pandemic has been good news for fledgling online poker sites in the U.S. and has so far set up a competition of sorts between the markets in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- US Bets, 8.20.20 – Is Daily Fantasy Sports Gambling? IRS Now Says ‘Yes’
- Daily fantasy sports giants DraftKings and FanDuel spent several years in a mostly successful state-by-state effort to convince legislatures that their product did not constitute gambling, a la sports betting that was mostly outlawed in all but Nevada.
- iGB North America, 8.21.20 – Esports Entertainment Secures NJ Market Access With Twin River
- Esports betting operator Esports Entertainment Group has entered into a multi-year partnership with Twin River Worldwide Holdings, that will see it enter New Jersey’s sports betting market.
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.20.20 – PA Gaming Review: Revenue Heats Up in July, Virus Slows Track at Parx, Penn State Season Axed
- On the upside, sports betting revenue has rebounded in Pennsylvania with a return of major sports, just as everyone was learning to love tolerate table tennis.
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.20.20 – PA Casino Closures Cost Pennsylvania Over $300 Million in Three Months
- The coronavirus pandemic closed casinos in Pennsylvania for three months, some longer. Slot machines were turned off, tables emptied and most of the state’s 17,000 casino employees were furloughed.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.20.20 – Caesars Offers Cold Stance On Responsible Gaming in VA Sports Betting Pitches
- It took 37 days, but the first noteworthy public comment was finally submitted on the proposed Virginia sports betting regulations.
- PlayMichigan, 8.20.20 – Computer Glitch Locks Out Thousands Of Michigan Lottery Online Players
- Thousands of Michigan online lottery players were locked out of their accounts after they were asked to change their passwords this week.
- US Bets, 8.20.20 – Hollywood Casino Opens Sportsbooks At Aurora And Joliet In Illinois
- Two more sportsbooks in the state of Illinois accepted their first legal wagers Thursday as Hollywood Casinos in both Aurora and Joliet launched their newest additions.
- Gambling.Com, 8.20.20 – Two New Illinois Sportsbooks Are Opening Aug. 20
- Two new sportsbooks will be open Thursday in Illinois at Hollywood Aurora and Hollywood Joliet casinos. They are the fifth and sixth retail sportsbooks in the state.
- Tulsa World, 8.21.20 – Two More Gaming Compacts Signed By Stitt Deemed Approved
- The U.S. Department of Interior has deemed approved two tribal gaming compacts signed by Gov. Kevin Stitt, he announced Thursday.
- PlayColorado, 8.20.20 – Mile-High Expectations For Colorado Sports Betting
- Despite the obstacles and uncertainty, the Colorado sports betting market still has mile-high expectations.
- PlayNevada, 8.20.20 – Nevada Continues To See Fewer And Fewer Options For Sports Bettors
- There are fewer sports betting options for Nevada gamblers today than when the year started. While the number of physical sportsbooks has increased in the past 2o years, the number of sportsbook operators continues to decrease.