Industry News of the Day for August 22, 2022
iDEA Growth in the News
- Play NY, 8.19.22 – Expert Panel Weighs In On Future Of Legalized NY Online Casinos
- Sports betting in New York is enjoying a massive run. After launching in early 2022, the industry has generated more than $347 million in tax revenue for the Empire State. [John Pappas, iDEA Growth]
- Analytics Insight, 8.22.22 – Three Ways iGaming Has Pushed Online Innovation
- As it has grown in popularity, the iGaming sector has been at the forefront of innovation. There are several possible reasons for this. Part of it may be down to competition. With so many casinos operating, providers need interesting new offerings to entice players away from competitors.
- Gaming Today, 8.22.22 – Prop 26: California’s In-Person Sports Betting Ballot Initiative Explained
- Prop 26 would allow in-person-only sports betting at tribal casinos and four horse racing tracks in California. The 2022 ballot initiative is backed by at least 80 tribal and non-tribal organizations through the Coalition for Safe, Responsible Gaming.
- US Bets, 8.22.22 – Connecticut Sees Revenue Upticks In Sports Wagering, IGaming
- The Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection reported gains in adjusted revenue for both sports wagering and internet casino gaming for July, with the former extending a national trend of strong performances by operators.
- News Radio KMAN, 8.21.22 – Kansas Lottery told to redo some sports betting regulations
- The Kansas Attorney General’s Office has asked Kansas Lottery officials to review some proposed regulations needed before legalized sports gambling can begin in the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.19.22 – Whoa There: Kansas AG Finds Issues With Sports Betting Rules
- The Kansas Attorney General’s office found multiple “significant legal issues” in its legal review of KS sports betting regulations, according to an email from AG spokesperson John Milburn to the Kansas City Star. The news came Thursday, the same day the Kansas Lottery announced the September start date.
- Sports Handle, 8.19.22 – 1 Wagering Launch Date In Question In Kansas?
- A Kansas television station is reporting that the state attorney general’s office has “identified significant legal issues” with the proposed temporary sports betting rules submitted this month by the Kansas Lottery Commission.
- Michigan Sharp, 8.19.22 – 2022 Michigan Online Casino Revenue Likely to Surpass $1 Billion This Month
- Year-to-date Michigan online casino revenue is on pace to reach $1 billion by the end of the month. Last year, it didn’t hit that milestone until December.
- Bonus.com, 8.19.22 – Michigan Snaps Out of Summer Slump, Beats Pennsylvania for Online Casino Revenue
- Revenue reports are in for the states where online casinos are legal. Pennsylvania is now on a four-month slide, while New Jersey has just about stabilized, but Michigan managed positive growth for the first time since April. Connecticut also saw a downturn, but the two smallest states, West Virginia and Delaware, enjoyed the biggest gains of all.