iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas: FanDuel Partners With YouTube On NFL Sunday Ticket Promotion
- A new promotion from FanDuel could help quite a few Americans solve the dilemma of accessing NFL games this upcoming season. FanDuel is partnering with new NFL Sunday Ticket provider YouTube on a promotion that will offer FanDuel bettors a serious discount on the game streaming service. From Aug. 21 through Sept. 18, both new and existing FanDuel users can take advantage of the offer.
- Legal Sports Report: Business By The Books: BetMGM Launches International Sports Betting
- MGM Resorts is expanding the BetMGM brand internationally, starting with online gaming and sports betting in the United Kingdom. BetMGM went live Thursday on the LeoVegas platform, which MGM acquired last year. The launch puts BetMGM in competition with Entain, the other 50% owner of the brand. Entain operates multiple online gaming brands in the UK including Coral, Ladbrokes and Foxy Bingo.
- PlayUSA: Why Online Casino Legislation Has Not Advanced As Quickly As Sports Betting
- Early in the COVID pandemic, casinos around the country closed for months as governments scrambled to stop the spread of the disease. Isolated at home and hungry for entertainment, more people turned online and to mobile devices for activities, gambling among them. But New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware were the only states in position to capitalize.
- PlayFL: Florida Politics Driving ‘Musical Chairs’ At Gaming Control Commission, Expert Says
- After the state’s top gambling control head resigned for the third time in 11 months, one Florida gaming expert believes the turnover is just a case of a political revolving door. Florida Gaming Control Commission chairperson Charles Upton submitted his resignation last week, less than five months after he was tabbed for the position. His departure marked the third time since the commission’s inception that the position has been vacated.
- CDC Gaming Reports: Monthly Gaming Revenue Drops For Sixth Straight Month In Bayou State
- Gaming revenue in Louisiana continues to fall below 2022 totals. For the sixth consecutive month, the Louisiana Gaming Control Board Monday reported a year-over-year decrease, with gaming revenue in July reaching $192.0 million, down 6% from July 2022. The report includes gaming revenue from riverboat casinos and Harrah’s New Orleans, the state’s only commercial land-based casino.
- Legal Sports Report: MA Sports Betting Board Tackles ESPN Bet Transition
- Penn Entertainment does not need to reapply for an MA sports betting license after rebranding from Barstool Sportsbook to ESPN Bet, state regulators determined Thursday. Penn’s goal is for its online rebranding from Barstool to ESPN Bet to occur by November. “We want time to review the ESPN agreement, that’s part of our analysis,” IEB director Loretta Lillios said.
- PlayNY: State Comptroller’s Report On NY Casinos Can Benefit All If Read The Right Way
- Several years of legalized gambling in upstate have yet to definitively answer whether New York casinos are a bad bet. But with nearly a dozen bids on the table from gambling operators and developers vying for three available downstate casino licenses, the odds don’t seem to favor anyone but the house coming out ahead. A recent audit by the state comptroller cautions against local communities banking on tax windfalls from legal gambling.
- PlayPennsylvania: Golden Nugget Online Casino Strikes Up Business In Pennsylvania
- Golden Nugget online casino has long been a juggernaut in the New Jersey online casino marketplace, but it’s finally expanding to neighboring Pennsylvania. With the launch, Golden Nugget is now live in Michigan and West Virginia along with Pennsylvania and New Jersey. “We’re thrilled to announce that Golden Nugget Online Gaming’s mobile casino is now available to customers in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,” said Matt Kalish, President, DraftKings North America.