iDEA Growth Member News:
- Bloomberg, 8.23.19 – DraftKings’ Legal Betting Shows How Big Gambling Can Be
- DraftKings Inc., which launched in 2012 as a fantasy-sports company, is already on its way to doing more business in real gambling.
- Sports Handle, 8.23.19 – Brit Devine: del Lago’s DraftKings Sportsbook Knocked My Socks Off
- The DraftKings Sportsbook at del Lago Resorts & Casino in Waterloo, New York opened up today with the unveiling of a 6,000 square foot lounge, sporting 1,000+ square feet of video screens along with 16 TVs.
- The Messenger, 8.23.19 – Wild Rose Announces Partnerships For Sports Betting [DraftKings]
- Wild Rose Entertainment announced on Thursday two partnerships to offer newly legalized sports betting at its casinos in Emmetsburg, Jefferson and Clinton.
- Sports Handle, 8.23.19 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: More Iowa Sportsbooks Coming
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top stories and rounding up key stories in sports betting, gaming, and the world of sports at large. Three more Iowa sportsbooks will launch; and college football starts this weekend.
- ESPN, 8.22.19 – Betting September: Bookmakers’ Most Profitable Football Month
- Betting the first month of the college football season can be a volatile ride featuring mammoth point spreads, extraordinary line movement and plenty of dead money.
- The Press of Atlantic City, 8.26.19 – Could New Jersey Over Take Nevada As Sports Betting King?
- The start of professional football season is less than two weeks away, but some experts are already predicting a huge upset in the battle for gridiron sports betting supremacy.
- Philly Voice, 8.24.19 – iHeartMedia To Launch ‘The Gambler,’ A New Philly-Area Sports Gambling Radio Station
- Sports betting is the next great frontier for media, and iHeartMedia Philadelphia this week decided to jump into the fray.
- The Gazette, 8.25.19 – Will More Hotels, Sports Wagering Take Cripple Creek To The Next Level?
- Cripple Creek casino owners are hoping more hotels and possible sports wagering will help the city’s gaming industry overcome its struggles of the past decade.
- Play IA, 8.26.19 – Why Part Of The Iowa Sports Betting Law Is On Hold
- For the rest of 2019 and into 2020, people who take advantage of legal sports betting in Iowa won’t have to worry about collections activity reducing winnings. An Iowa sports betting legislative delay saw to that.
- KMA Land, 8.24.19 – How Big Will The Sports Betting Market Be?
- Sports gambling got underway in Iowa earlier this month at the casinos which are already cleared to take bets. Iowa Gambling Treatment program manager, Eric Preuss , says there’s one big question about who will be making the bets.
- The Gazette, 8.26.19 – Iowa Sports Betting Starts. As NCAA Rules Linger, So Do Some Campus Qualms
- Iowa’s NCAA athletes — and everyone involved in training, coaching, recruiting and managing them — for decades have been largely barred from betting on sports. While that tradition could mute any potential fallout from a new state law legalizing gambling on collegiate sports, the change is putting campuses on notice for unintended implications.
- Fox 59, 8.23.19 – Indiana Prepares For The Legalization Of Sports Betting
- In a little over a week, sports betting will be legal in Indiana. Eleven casinos in the state are preparing to open sportsbooks.
- Lewiston Sun Journal, 8.25.19 – Alexander Kostin: Maine Should Support Legal Online Betting
- With legalized sports betting on the horizon for Maine, many in New England are forecasting the success of the new venture.