iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 8.28.20 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: Illinois Beef, Colorado Handle Rises, PointsBet-NBC, And Kambi-CDI
- Here’s the weekend (or fashionably late) Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Online Poker Report, 8.28.20 – How BetAmerica Plans To Make The Most Of Technology Switch To Kambi, GAN
- BetAmerica is getting an overhaul. Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI) confirmed on Thursday it plans to move its BetAmerica online gambling brand onto a GAN platform and a Kambi sportsbook.
- PlayMichigan, 8.28.20 – Evolution Makes It Two: Live Dealer Coming To BetMGM, Too
- BetMGM is in on the live dealer action, as Evolution Gaming announced a second partnership with a Michigan online gambling operator on Friday.
- Online Poker Report, 8.29.20 – The Latest Chapter In ‘Are Loot Boxes A Form Of Online Gambling?’
- Are loot boxes gambling? This is a question that gets asked on a regular basis, yet which is usually met with equivocation.
Sports League News:
- US Bets, 8.28.20 – NBA Playoffs Expected To Resume Saturday, Sportsbooks Express Support For Racial Justice
- The NBA Playoffs will resume Saturday, according to a joint statement released by the NBA and NBA Players Association Friday afternoon.
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.28.20 – Kentucky Derby Traditions Endure, Boosting PA Horse Racing And Online Betting
- There is something about the Kentucky Derby, its history and traditions, even for casual fans who have never visited Churchill Downs.
- PlayPennsylvania, 8.28.20 – Slingo Originals Cruising to PA Online Casinos Via Rush Street Interactive
- The full Slingo Originals portfolio in New Jersey will now be available in Pennsylvania thanks to an extension of an existing agreement between Rush Street Interactive and Gaming Realms.
- Metro News, 8.29.20 – Mardi Gras Casino Reopens Sports Betting, Launches New App
- Eric Althaus, the President and GM at Mardi Gras Casino in Kanawha County said guests kept asking officials when the sportsbook would be reopened.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.28.20 – FanDuel Sportsbook Now Live As Third Illinois Sports Betting App
- FanDuel Sportsbook is now live for action in Illinois. The third mobile IL sports betting app didn’t waste any time getting up and running.
- Sports Handle, 8.28.20 – FanDuel Launches Online In Illinois Sports Betting Market
- FanDuel became the third mobile sports betting operator to go live in Illinois, launching Friday to join BetRivers and DraftKings.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.31.20 – Penn National CEO Urges States To Resist VGT Expansion (subscription paywall)
- Despite owning a video gaming terminal (VGT) business, the boss of Penn National Gaming has urged state lawmakers searching for revenue to close budget shortfalls to protect brick-and-mortar casinos and be wary of Illinois’ experience with VGTs.
- PlayMichigan, 8.28.20 – First In The U.P.? Island Resort Sportsbook To Kick Off With NFL Launch
- Upper Peninsula residents in Michigan have at least one sports betting option for the start of the NFL season.
- The Gazette, 8.31.20 – First Year Of Iowa Sports Betting Gains Yards, But Not Touchdown
- While not an MVP season, sports betting in Iowa is getting good marks for a hit-and-miss rookie year.
- Gambling Compliance, 8.31.20 – Oklahoma Sports Betting On Hold Over Compact Dispute (subscription paywall)
- Oklahoma’s legislative leaders have asked the state’s Supreme Court to deny Governor Kevin Stitt’s request for a rehearing of a case that invalidated two tribal gaming compacts that included sports betting.
- PlayColorado, 8.28.20 – Initiative No. 257: CO Voters To Decide On Betting Limit Bill In November
- Initiative No. 257 is headed to the general election ballot. As a result, the possible lifeline Colorado casinos and workers desperately need is one step closer to reality.
- PlayUSA, 8.28.20 – Soaring Mile High: Colorado Sports Betting Reports Over $59 million In July Handle
- It comes as no surprise that Colorado sports betting continues to follow an upward trajectory.
- PlayCA, 8.28.20 – New County Coronavirus Tiers Give California Cardrooms Path To Reopen
- California cardrooms received some hope Friday for reopening indoor operations in the future. But, for most cardrooms, it won’t be any time soon.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 8.30.20 – Has Time Come For Nevada To Change Up Mobile Gaming Sign-Ups?
- Last week’s Nevada Gaming Control Board report on casino gaming win showed the state’s sportsbooks generated $163.6 million in gross revenue in July.