Industry News of the Day for August 5, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News
- CNBC, 8.5.21: DraftKings partners with NFL data provider Genius Sports to fuel sports bets
- Sports betting company DraftKings is positioning itself for the National Football League season, aligning with Genius Sports in a multiyear agreement over data.
- SBC Americas, 8.5.21: Genius Sports and DraftKings sign new supplier agreement with focus on NFL-related products
- Genius Sports has firmed up a new supplier agreement with DraftKings Inc to provide its full range of official sportsbook data and content and fan engagement solutions, including a complete suite of NFL-related products.
- iGB North America, 8.5.21: DraftKings pens wide-ranging data deal with Genius Sports
- Genius Sports has secured a multi-year agreement with DraftKings for the supply of official sportsbook data and content solutions for a range of leading sports competitions.
- iGB North America, 8.5.21: Golden Nugget Online Gaming partners Nascar team
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG) has entered into a partnership with Nascar team Front Row Motorsports (FRM) for the 2021 season.
- iGB North America, 8.4.21: PointsBets appoints Notah Begay III as global golf ambassador
- Online gaming operator PointsBet has announced a collaboration with four-time PGA Tour winner Notah Begay III and the NB3 Foundation, which will see Begay take the role of global golf ambassador for PointsBet.
- Yahoo! Sports, 8.4.21: NHL’s investigation of Evander Kane crucial to sports betting future
- Damning accusations were directed towards Evander Kane this past week by his wife, Anna, who claimed the San Jose Sharks forward has bet on and thrown his own hockey games.
- The Intelligencer (AP repost), 8.4.21: NC sports betting bill gets winning vote from Senate panel
- Legislation to license and tax sports betting throughout North Carolina cleared its first Senate committee Wednesday, with supporters, for now, overcoming social conservatives who argue it will create more gambling addicts.
- Johnson City Press, 8.4.21: North Carolina senators weigh pros, cons of sports betting bill
- The North Carolina Senate is considering a bill that would legalize sports gambling in the state. Sponsors of the measure said it could mean $25 million to $50 million in economic benefits for North Carolina. Opponents argue, however, it could come with some social costs.
- Winston-Salem Journal, 8.4.21: Sports betting bill clears first Senate committee step; goal is providing more funds for school construction
- C. Senate bill cleared its first committee hurdle Wednesday that would allow North Carolinians to place a bet on professional and collegiate sports with a select group of wagering operators.
- US Bets, 8.4.21: North Carolina Sports Betting Bill Gets Wednesday Hearing
- Online gaming companies could see the welcome addition of another state market, with North Carolina looking to move forward with online sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.5.21: COULD DFS DISAPPEAR AS MOBILE NY SPORTS BETTING NEARS LAUNCH?
- Most sports fans in the Empire State just want to know when mobile NY sports betting might launch. DFS fans, though, should be aware of another key date.
- Penn Bets, 8.4.21: Which IGaming Sites Will Most Help PA Reach $1B In 2021 Revenue? That’s Hard To Say
- Pennsylvania’s 17 online casinos are on pace to win more than $1 billion collectively from digital-oriented gamblers this year, but it’s hard to tell which sites are getting the biggest share of action.
- Play Pennsylvania, 8.4.21: PA Lottery Reports Record $1.3 Billion Year Fueled By Scratch-Offs, Draw Games, Online Growth
- Pennsylvanians have kept on scratching. For the 10th straight year, the PA Lottery has brought in more than a billion dollars.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.5.21: OPINION: OFFICIAL LEAGUE DATA GETS MESSY IN MARYLAND SPORTS BETTING REGULATIONS
- With the news that proposed Maryland sports betting regulations were approved by the state’s lottery and gaming commission last month, the state took one step closer to catching up to surrounding states that have already successfully launched sports betting operations.
- Prescott News, 8.5.21: Everything You Need To Know About Arizona Sports Betting
- Sports betting news is coming in on a daily basis in Arizona and will be a huge source of revenue for the Grand Canyon State.