Industry News of the Day for August 6, 2019
- Legal Sports Report, 8.5.19 – The Week In Sports Betting: Penn National Wheels And Deals, Iowa Races Indiana To The Start
- It’s no exaggeration to say that last week’s news from Penn National will shape the future of US sports betting. On Wednesday, the company unveiled an expansive long-term blueprint, including major new partnerships.
- The National Law Review, 8.5.19 – Sports Betting in Mississippi: It Was a Very Good Year
- August 1 marks the first 12 months of legal sports wagering in Mississippi. The first such bets were placed at Gold Strike in Tunica and Beau Rivage in Biloxi, followed closely by the IP and Sam’s Town Tunica.
- AP, 8.5.19 – Indiana Sports Betting Could Be Up And Running By NFL Season
- Indiana’s casinos are preparing to offer sports betting to their customers in time for football season. A new state law approved this spring allows sports betting to start as soon as September 1, 2019.
- Hoosier State Bets, 8.5.19 – Caesars’ Indiana Casinos Say ‘The Book’ Will Be Opening In September
- A pair of Caesars casinos in the state of Indiana this week announced that their respective sportsbooks will simply be called “The Book,” and retail betting at the casinos will begin in September. Though no official date was given for the openings, Indiana’s sports betting law allows books to open Sept. 1, just days before Week 1 of the NFL season.
- Sports Handle, 8.5.19 – Granite State Wants The ‘Right’ Partners, Not Just Any Partners
- Less than a month after New Hampshire legalized sports betting, preparations to contract with vendors and develop regulations are underway. New Hampshire Lottery staff is currently drawing up a request for proposal that will go out to potential vendors. The Lottery will post it publicly this week, as the Granite State begins to narrow down who will operate the state’s 10 physical and five online/mobile sportsbooks.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.5.19 – Federal Regulators Target Nevada Sports Betting Investment Scheme
- The fallout from Nevada‘s botched entity sports betting continued last week with a new federal complaint. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filed a complaint against Bettor Investments and its principal, Matthew C. Stuart, in Nevada District Court.
- US Bets, 8.5.19 – Kentucky’s Long-Standing Gambling Debate Turned Up To 11 Ahead Of Gubernatorial Election
- Last week, Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin, a Republican, raised some eyebrows with a comment about casino gaming, a hot-button issue ahead of the November gubernatorial election. Bevin’s seeking a second term.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.6.19 – How The Pivotal NY Sports Betting Study Winner Will Be Chosen
- Who will win the right to convince Gov. Andrew Cuomo that mobile NY sports betting needs to happen? Bids are in to conduct a gaming study including sports betting in New York.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Play USA, 8.5.19 – Can Online Sports Betting Heavyweight Bet365 Take The Us By Storm?
- Describing bet365 as a global powerhouse in the world of online sports gambling is no exaggeration. However, the US is, thus far, one of the last unconquered frontiers for this betting giant. That could be about to change, though, when bet365 finally unleashes its online sportsbook in New Jersey via its partnership with Atlantic City’s Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
- PR Newswire, 8.5.19 – Scientific Games Powers Tribal Sportsbook Launch in New York State with Oneida Indian Nation
- Scientific Games Corporation and the Oneida Indian Nation have launched a sportsbook offering across two New York casinos. Built to provide players with a market-leading sports betting experience, the launch fuels Oneida’s sports betting operation with the Company’s full OpenSports product suite.
- EGR Global (subscription paywall), 8.5.19 – Kindred Joins Industry Trade Association iDEA Growth
- Kindred has joined online gambling trade association iDEA Growth, as the firm prepares to expand its US operations. It is the 25th members to join the group which was founded by industry lawyer Jeff Ifrah.
- SBC Americas, 8.5.19 – Kindred Becomes The Latest To Join iDEA Growth
- Industry trade association iDEA Growth has confirmed that Kindred Group has become the latest industry member to join the trade association, bringing its membership total to 25. The association, which advocates the legalization of mobile gaming and betting, has worked towards establishing a gambling advocacy movement via testimonies to a number of state legislatures.
Overall Industry News:
- EGR Global (subscription paywall), 8.5.19 – Chicago Start-Up Launches Betting Social Network To Rival Twitter
- Three Chicago-based entrepreneurs have launched a social network for bettors that the founder hope will attract bettors from Twitter. The new platform, dubbed Betsperts, allows users to document their picks and follow others in the community for tips.