Industry News of the Day for August 6, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News
- Legal Sports Report, 8.5.21: DRAFTKINGS, FANDUEL PACE ONLINE ILLINOIS SPORTS BETTING HANDLE
- Despite still suffering from the summer doldrums of the sports schedule, Illinois sports betting further established itself as a top market in June.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.5.21: IS DRAFTKINGS THE FIRST DOMINO FOR GENIUS SPORTS OFFICIAL NFL DATA PUSH?
- DraftKings became the first US sportsbook to sign up for the Genius Sports official NFL data feed.
- Sports Handle, 8.5.21: Genius Sports, DraftKings’ Deal Carries Vast Implications For Rates On Official NFL Data
- Genius Sports and DraftKings agreed on an expanded, multi-year sports data supplier agreement Thursday in a comprehensive deal that grants DraftKings access to Genius Sports’ full portfolio of global sports data and content, including its crown jewel: a complete suite of NFL-related products.
Sport League News:
- Sports Handle, 8.5.21: Evander Kane Case Shows Urgent Need To Change Sports Betting Rules For Athletes
- While the NHL investigates the gambling allegations against San Jose Sharks winger Evander Kane, now would probably be a good time for the league — actually, all leagues — to investigate their own gambling policies and to take a gander at how they handle the matter of betting on sports amongst their players, coaches, and personnel.
- SBC Americas, 8.6.21: New Jersey becomes first state to legalize fixed-odds betting as Governor signs bill
- New Jersey has become the first US state to legalize fixed-odds horse racing betting after its Governor Phil Murphy signed a new bill into law.
- Legal Sports Report, 8.6.21: BILL TO LEGALIZE MOBILE NC SPORTS BETTING BACK ON THE MOVE
- A bill to legalize mobile NC sports betting is moving forward again and appears to have potential.
- Sports Handle, 8.5.21: Illinois Posts Hefty Sports Betting Revenue Haul Of $47.5M In June
- The month of June was very good to sportsbooks across Illinois, as the state’s gaming board reported more than $47.5 million in adjusted gross revenue for operators Thursday.
- SBC Americas, 8.6.21: Illinois fastest to $5bn in lifetime handle despite slower June wagering
- Wagering at Illinois sportsbooks slowed in June to below $500m for the first time since December 2020 despite a surge in revenue, as the impact of summer’s sports calendar and in-person registration requirements continued to be felt.