Industry News of the Day for August 9, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Bloomberg, 8.9.21: DraftKings to Acquire Golden Nugget Online for $1.56 Billion (quotes Jason Robins)
- DraftKings Inc. agreed to buy Golden Nugget Online Gaming Inc. in a deal valued at about $1.56 billion, expanding the fantasy-sports giant’s presence in the hot market for online betting.
- IGB, 8.9.21: Fanduel Retains Top Spot As Iowa Betting Revenue And Handle Climb
- The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission reported a year-on-year increase in sports betting revenue and handle in the US state in July, with FanDuel partner Diamond Jo Casino in Dubuque retaining top spot in the market.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 8.9.21: What’s On Tap: New York Mobile Sports Gambling Deadline, Premier League Kickoff, And MLB’s Dog Days Of Summer
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 8.9.21: Radio Listeners Much More Interested In Sports Betting Than TV Viewers
- Last week, Cumulus Media — the second largest radio network in America, owning 413 different radio stations across 86 different markets — announced a partnership with WynnBET that will bring the sports betting app to the attention of over 250 million listeners.
Sports League News:
- Reuters, 8.9.21: Cardinals Announce Plans To Have Sports Betting In Stadium
- The Arizona Cardinals became the first National Football League team to unveil plans for a retail sportsbook inside their home stadium as part of a three-way partnership announced on Monday with BetMGM and Gila River Hotels & Casinos.
- IGB, 8.9.21: Florida Sports Betting Compact Approved By Department Of The Interior
- A compact agreement that would allow sports betting in Florida through the Seminole Tribe – including statewide mobile sports betting – has been approved by the federal Department of the Interior.
- ESPN, 8.6.21: U.S. Department Of The Interior Approves Florida-seminole Tribe Sports Betting Deal
- Federal officials approved a deal Friday that will allow the Seminole Tribe to operate sports betting and add roulette and craps to its seven Florida casinos, with the state potentially receiving $20 billion over the next 30 years.
- IGB, 8.9.21: Illinois Sets December Deadline For Online-only Sports Betting Licenses
- The Illinois Gaming Board has set a deadline of December 3 this year for applications for three additional online-only sports betting operator licenses in the US state,
- SBC, 8.9.21: Iowa Sees Sports Betting Revenue Fall For Fourth Consecutive Month In July
- Iowa’s sportsbooks continued a run of monthly declines in betting volume, taking in less than $89m in July wagers in what was the 24th month of sports betting in the state.