Industry News of the Day for December 13, 2019
- Associated Press, 12.12.19 – New Jersey Sports Bets Pass Half-Billion Dollars In November
- New Jersey’s fast-growing sports betting market continued to set monthly records in November as more than a half-billion dollars’ worth of wagers were placed on sports.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.12.19 – NJ Sportsbooks Saw Half A Billion Dollars In Wagers In November, A New Record
- New Jersey surpassed half a billion dollars in wagers for the first time in its brief history of legal sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 12.12.19 – New Jersey Sports Betting Handle Smashes Own Record With $562.7 Million In November
- The New Jersey sports betting market exploded to a new record high for total dollars wagered in a single month — $562.7 million in November, the first time Garden State sportsbooks handled in excess of half a billion dollars in a single month.
- Gambling Compliance, 12.13.19 – Special Report: Michigan Sports Betting & Internet Gaming Bills (subscription paywall)
- This report provides a summary of key provisions of Michigan’s package of gambling bills authorizing sports betting, online casino gaming, fantasy sports, along with other expanded gambling options and amendments.
- ABC 12, 12.12.19 – Gambling Changes Would Modernize Michigan Gaming; Mental Health Experts Concerned About Changes
- The stakes could be even higher for fans during March Madness as sports gambling is set to become legal in Michigan.
- WISHTV, 12.12.19 – Indiana Sports Betting Grows ‘Exponentially’ In November
- Three months into legalized sports betting in the Hoosier state, Indiana’s sportsbook continues to aggressively grow, according to gaming industry analysts.
- Baltimore Business Journal, 12.12.19 – Cordish Cos., FanDuel Announce Partnership To Bring Sports Betting To Casinos (subscription paywall)
- In Maryland, the rollout of the partnership will have to wait as the state has yet to legalize sports betting.
- The Baltimore Sun, 12.12.19 – Baltimore-Based Cordish Cos. Will Bring Sports Betting To Casinos, Live Districts Around The Country
- The Cordish Cos., a Baltimore-based developer and casino operator, plans to bring fantasy and sports betting to its Live! Casino & Hotel properties and entertainment districts around the country by teaming up with FanDuel Group.
- Play IA, 12.13.19 – Handle Up But Revenue Down For Iowa Sportsbooks In November 2019
- Hawkeye State residents and visitors bet more and also won more money in November 2019 than they did the previous month. That is good news for handle but bad news for Iowa sports betting revenue.
- Radio Iowa, 12.13.19 – Sports Betting Increases Once Again In November
- The amount of money wagered on sports in Iowa increased again in November.
- SBC Americas, 12.12.19 – Lack Of Mobile Sports Betting Hinders New York Sportsbooks
- Lack of progression for mobile betting within New York has continued to hamper sports betting revenues in November, as the four licensed sportsbooks generated their lowest monthly figures since markets opened.
- WKBW, 12.12.19 – Sports Betting To Begin At Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino Friday
- The Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino announced Thursday sports betting will begin Friday December 13th.