Industry News of the Day for December 13, 2021
iDEA Growth in the News:
- On The Money (podcast), 12.12.21
- Sports gambling is finally coming to Ohio. N John Pappas joined us to discuss legalized sports gambling coming to Ohio next year.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 12.10.21: Caesars, FanDuel Launch Retail Betting Options In Maryland
- Retail sports betting launched in Maryland at MGM National Harbor (BetMGM) this week, and on Friday, two more casinos joined the party.
- SBC, 12.13.21: FanDuel Goes Live With Its First Sportsbook In Maryland
- FanDuel Group and The Cordish Companies have officially opened the FanDuel Sportsbook inside Sports & Social Maryland at Live! Casino & Hotel in the Baltimore/Washington corridor, signifying the first FanDuel sportsbook in the state.
Overall Industry News:
- NBC News, 12.11.21: More States Embrace Online Sports Gambling As Popularity Soars
- Sports betting overall generated $3.16 billion in the first 10 months of 2021, surpassing the total revenue for the same 10-month period of 2020 by nearly 230 percent, according to the Washington-based American Gaming Association’s Commercial Gaming Revenue Tracker.
- Sports Handle, 12.10.21: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: Hello Ohio, Maryland Moves, And Problem Gaming
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- US Bets, 12.10.21: Table Tennis Still A Significant Player In U.S. Online Sports Betting
- Sports betting on table tennis, and the millions of dollars wagered on it each month, is often met with a bit of confusion.
- National Law Review, 12.11.21: Ohio Votes to Legalize Sports Betting
- Ohio lawmakers have reached an agreement that will legalize sports betting for those 21 and older. House Bill 29, which was passed by the Ohio House of Representatives and Senate on December 8 and is expected to be signed into law by Governor DeWine in the coming days, will allow licensed gaming operations to begin accepting wagers as soon as April 1, 2022.
- US Bets, 12.10.21: O-Hi-Oh! What Will Sports Betting Amount To In The Buckeye State?
- It’s never great being last to the party, but at the same time, it’s always good being at the party.
- Southern Maryland Chronicle, 12.11.21: Governor Hogan Celebrates the Launch of Sports Betting in Maryland
- Governor Larry Hogan today visited Live! Casino & Hotel and Horseshoe Casino Baltimore to celebrate the official launch of sports betting in Maryland after placing the first sports bet in state history yesterday at MGM National Harbor.
- Sports Handle, 12.13.21: Iowa Operators Post Nearly $20M In November Sports Betting Revenue
- The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission reported a record $19.7 million in sports betting revenue for November, furthering a nationwide trend that shows operators regrouping last month after bettors had strong results in October.
- IGB, 12.13.21: Iowa Hits New Highs In Sports Betting Revenue And Handle In November
- The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission has revealed sports betting revenue and handle reached new monthly highs in the state during November.
- IGB, 12.13.21: Indiana Sports Betting Revenue And Handle Reach Record Levels In November
- Indiana set new monthly records for both sports betting revenue and handle in November, according to figures published by the state’s gaming commission.
- SBC, 12.13.21: Indiana Edges Another Record Month For Sports Betting In November
- Indiana sportsbooks narrowly set a third consecutive monthly betting record with more than $463m in wagers, producing a surge in revenue of nearly $50m during November.
- Sports Handle, 12.10.21: Alberta Regulators To Accept Proposals From Two Private Sports Betting Operators
- The Alberta Gaming, Liquor, and Cannabis Commission is accepting bids from perspective vendors that wish to enter the province’s sports betting market, members of the executive body announced during a press conference Friday, confirming a previous report from Sports Handle.