- PlayUSA: What Inflation? 42% Of Casino Goers Are Playing The Same Amount As Before
- Regardless of where you get your news, US inflation has been a regular hot topic. Inflation is being blamed for skyrocketing gas prices, food costs, airfares and more. But has inflation impacted the casino industry PlayUSA surveyed 600 adults and asked if and how inflation has affected their gambling budget.
- SBC Americas: BETEGY’s Alex Kornilov on how data drives engagement as well as betting
- For some people, data can be very overwhelming. The thought of opening an Excel document produces anxiety. Not Alex Kornilov though. The BETEGY founder and CEO has been living and breathing data for his entire career. “I love Big Data. I love data in general,” he gushed.
- PlayIndiana: Indiana Online Casinos Could Generate Nearly $1 Billion In Yearly Revenue
- Indiana lawmakers are about to introduce a new bill that would legalize online casinos in the Hoosier State. The stage is set for a major push for gambling expansion. The bill will start to pick up steam in the early days of 2023.
- PlayMaryland: Maryland SWARC Awards Three New Sports Betting Licenses
- Bally Bet and WynnBet were both awarded licenses from Maryland regulators, receiving conditional approval as online sports betting operators. A second Long Shot’s retail location in Hagerstown, MD also received approval for a sports wagering facility license.
- Legal Sports Report: WynnBet Gets First Online Massachusetts Sports Betting License
- WynnBet is the first online operator to receive approval for the upcoming Massachusetts sports betting market. The Massachusetts Gaming Commission on Tuesday voted unanimously to grant WynnBet an online sports betting license, after more than six hours of reviewing its app and accessing its economic benefit to the Commonwealth.
- PlayMichigan: Detroit Retail Casino Revenue Declines In November
- Michigan’s three Detroit retail casinos saw another decline in revenue and sports betting handle in November, according to numbers released Tuesday by the Michigan Gaming Control Board. After a promising October that saw sports betting handle growth from September, November’s total of $18.1 million was a 23% drop from last month.
- The Nevada Independent: Titus hopes 70-year-old sports betting tax is on the chopping block
- Nearly a decade after first proposing a repeal of a small, 70-year-old federal excise tax on all sports wagers placed in Nevada, Rep. Dina Titus (D-NV) is hopeful her efforts will finally succeed. The nationwide expansion of sports betting gave Nevada partners in the fight to eliminate what has become known as the “handle tax.” Titus’ bill to repeal the fee now has 13 co-sponsors – all from states with legal sports betting.
- Sports Handle: Despite Rumors, Ohio Has No Plans To Launch Wagering Early
- According to multiple stakeholders, the Ohio Casino Control Commission has considered but decided against moving up the Jan. 1 Ohio sports betting go-live date to accommodate the interest in Ohio State’s participation in the Peach Bowl the night before.
- PlayTexas: Six Legislators To Watch In Push For Legal Texas Gambling
- While gambling remains illegal in Texas per the Texas Constitution, the 2023 legislative session could see that change. If this happens, one or all the following six legislators will have something to do with it.