iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 12.14.20 – Entain’s Shay Segeve: Creating The Safest Gambling Environments
- Shay Segev, Group CEO of global sports betting and gaming group Entain, has spoken exclusively to SBC Managing Director Andrew McCarron about the ‘generational transformation’ that the FTSE100 betting group has undertaken after embracing the key responsibility objectives of its new ‘corporate charter’.
- WSN, 12.14.20 – DraftKings Face-Off First Deal Of New NHL Season With Nashville Predators
- Just in time for the impending 2020-2021 NHL season, the Nashville Predators have announced they have chosen DraftKings as their official daily fantasy sports provider and official sports betting operator in a new multi-year contract agreement.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.14.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Can Ohio Cross Finish Line?
- It’s that time of year when news about what states could be the next to legalize sports betting ramps up, and this year is no different.
- Sports Handle, 12.14.20 – What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: College Football Championship Weekend, Seahawks-Washington, And NBA Preseason Wraps Up
- Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- US Bets, 12.14.20 – Second Wave Of Casino Closures Hitting, But Pennsylvania Well Equipped To Weather It
- If Atlantic City casinos do close in the weeks ahead, they will undoubtedly be better equipped to survive a short-term shutdown than is the case in most states. The reason: a legal and regulated NJ online casino industry.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 12.14.20 – Hard Rock Launches Joint Venture For Sports Betting And Internet Gaming
- Hard Rock International on Monday announced the launching of Hard Rock Digital, a joint venture that will serve as its vehicle for both sports betting and internet gaming on both a national (such as in Virginia) and international scale.
- Associated Press, 12.14.20 – Another Month, Another Sports Bet Record In NJ: $931M In Nov
- New Jersey gamblers wagered more than $931 million on sports in November, the latest in a string of monthly records set by a rapidly growing market that’s closing in on the $1 billion-a-month mark.
- Online Poker Report, 12.14.20 – New Jersey Online Casinos And Poker Rooms Earn $92 Million In November, Hanging On To October Gains
- New Jersey’s online gambling industry held a steady course in November.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.14.20 – New Jersey Again Crushes US Sports Betting Monthly Record With $930M In Wagers
- US sports betting records don’t stand a chance in New Jersey as the state set the all-time high for handle in any state for the fourth straight month.
- The Action Network, 12.14.20 – Answering Connecticut Sports Betting Questions For Possible 2021 Legalization
- Legal sports betting in Connecticut looks like it could finally come to fruition next year, with state Rep. Sean Scanlon telling the Hartford Courant that legal wagering “will be legalized in 2021.”
- iGB North America, 12.15.20 – Delaware iGaming Revenue Down Again In November
- The Delaware Lottery reported a sixth consecutive month of igaming decline in November, with amounts wagered down to an eight-month low.
- iGB North America, 12.15.20 – Penn National Enters Maryland Through Hollywood Casino Deal
- Penn National Gaming is to enter the Maryland market ahead of the introduction of legal sports betting in the state after agreeing a deal to acquire the operations of Hollywood Casino Perryville.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.14.20 – Is Kentucky Sports Betting Already Dead For 2021?
- Kentucky appeared to be a top candidate to legalize sports betting in 2020. Now, it could be 2022 before the state legislature gives it another chance.
- PlayIA, 12.14.20 – Iowa November Sports Betting Handle Flirts With $90 Million For First Time
- Iowa sports betting handle has set a new record for the third consecutive month.
- PlayIndiana, 12.14.20 – SBK Sportsbook Inches Closer To Launching In Indiana Market
- SBK Sportsbook is finally getting closer to its Indiana launch. The operator just snagged its temporary vendor license from the Indiana Gaming Commission.
- PlayUSA, 12.14.20 – 5 Las Vegas News Happenings, From Cirque To The Caesars Sports App
- Caesars recently introduced a new sports betting app only for Nevada. While 2020 has slowed a lot of businesses down, Caesars is moving forward full-throttle.