Industry News of the Day for December 16, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- PlayNJ, 12.15.20 – Golden Nugget Still Making Moves To Remain King Of NJ Online Casino
- Golden Nugget online casino isn’t the type to sit back and wait to see what the competition is doing.
- SBC Americas, 12.15.20 – High 5 Games Secures Online Casino Supplier License For Michigan
- Game content developer High 5 Games has secured an online casino supplier license from the Michigan Gaming Control Board, enabling it to join with partner Golden Nugget Online Casino and ultimately work with every online casino operator in the growing Michigan gaming sector.
- SBC Americas, 12.16.20 – Catena Media And MetaBet Strike New Deal For Audience Engagement
- Catena Media has formalized a new partnership with MetaBet this week to leverage the company’s suite of sports betting engagement and conversion tools across 20 of its igaming websites.
- SBC Americas, 12.16.20 – BettorEdge Launches ‘No-Vig’ Online Market Option For US Sports Bettors
- BettorEdge has launched a new sports betting platform in the US which, it claims, is legal in over 40 states.
- SBC Americas, 12.16.20 – Marketing And Communications Veteran Chris Jones Joins FanDuel Group
- FanDuel Group has welcomed marketing and communications veteran Chris Jones this week as its new Vice President of Corporate Communications.
Overall Industry News:
- WSN, 12.16.20 – In Major Philosophy Change Disney & ESPN Strengthen Support for Sports Wagering
- At its annual investor day conference last week, Disney highlighted ESPN’s recent partnership with Caesars Entertainment that integrates ESPN’s sports coverage into Caesars’ sports betting platform, and it said that it would be doubling down on that effort for its ESPN+ platform to create a hub for fantasy sports and other sports betting to broaden the channel’s appeal.
- Online Poker Report, 12.15.20 – Call Them The Rock Stars: Hard Rock Taps Former Stars Group Execs To Lead The Charge Into Online Gambling
- On Monday, Hard Rock International announced that it would be forming a new company, Hard Rock Digital (HRD), to manage the online gambling and sports betting aspects of its business.
- Marketplace, 12.16.20 – One Way For College Athletics Departments To Make Up For Lost Income: Gambling Partnerships
- With ticket sales at college football and men’s basketball games limited due to the pandemic, many college athletics departments are struggling. As a result, athletics departments are looking for new revenue streams —like marketing partnerships with gambling companies.
- US Bets, 12.15.20 – Industry Once Said Ohio A ‘Shoo-In’ For Sports Betting, But Efforts Appear Dead In 2020
- Ohio was among a small number of states that once appeared poised to legalize sports betting in the second half of 2020.
- iGB North America, 12.16.20 – William Hill Sees Marginal DC Betting Revenue Growth In November
- Both William Hill’s sportsbook at Washington DC’s Capital One Arena and the DC Lottery’s Gambet app saw stakes dip – though revenue increase – in November.
- The Baltimore Sun, 12.15.20 – With Sports Betting On Horizon, Penn National Gaming Will Acquire Hollywood Casino Perryville For $31.1 Million
- Penn National Gaming will acquire Hollywood Casino Perryville for $31.1 million in cash as it looks to take advantage of newly authorized sports betting opportunities in Maryland.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.15.20 – Barstool Sportsbook Heading To Maryland In 2021 Following New Penn National Acquisition
- Barstool Sportsbook is likely heading to Maryland. Penn National Gaming said on Tuesday it acquired the operations of Hollywood Casino Perryville for $31.1 million in cash.
- US Bets, 12.15.20 – Penn National Gaming Lining Up Barstool Sports For Maryland
- Eventually it will be crab cakes and “Stoolies” for sports betting in Maryland as Penn National Gaming announced Tuesday it will re-enter the state via an operations acquisition of Hollywood Casino in Perryville.
- PlayWV, 12.15.20 – West Virginia Online Casinos Keep Growing With $2 Million In Revenue In November
- West Virginia online casinos had an incredible month in November, taking more than $72 million in bets and $2 million in revenue.
- PlayIA, 12.15.20 – Missouri Senator Cites Iowa Sportsbooks As Reason To Legalize Sports Betting
- For those concerned with state budgets, residents of one state paying taxes to another can be problematic. A Missouri state Senator recently expressed that sentiment in regards to Missourians who are patronizing legal sportsbooks in Iowa.
- Sports Handle, 12.15.20 – Is Texas Next For Sports Betting? There’s Been Lots Of Smoke, But No Fire
- Is Texas a serious candidate to join the ranks among legal sports betting states in the U.S.? Hard to say for sure, but Las Vegas Sands billionaire Sheldon Adelson is making a play for expanded legal casino gaming in the state — and sports betting would likely be a part of that.
- iGB North America, 12.16.20 – Mississippi Sports Betting Revenue More Than Double In November
- Sports wagering revenue in Mississippi more than doubled year-on-year during November, despite a slight decline in the US state’s handle.
- Sports Handle, 12.16.20 – Colorado’s Sky Ute Casino Latest To Embrace Betting On Esports
- With a pandemic sweeping across the world and sports wagering options limited for bettors, there has been much talk about how eSports filled the gap earlier in 2020, and what might “stick” going forward. Operators are finding it’s an open question with myriad answers.
- The Action Network, 12.15.20 – California Sports Betting Begins To Take Shape During Wild December
- The nation’s largest potential retail sports betting market is now closer than ever to having that become a reality, the latest development in a wild month for California gaming.