- Legal Sports Report: New NCAA President Baker May Field Sports Betting Issue
- Just months after signing MA sports betting into law, Gov. Charlie Baker will be the next NCAA president. The NCAA announced Baker as the next president Thursday, effective in March 2023. Baker signed Massachusetts sports betting into law in August, but did not run for re-election this year and is set to leave office in January.
- iGB North America: WynnBet selects GAN Sports for future US market launches
- WynnBet has selected GAN Sports technology to power its online sportsbook operations in new market launches across the US. The exclusive national partnership will debut with the retail launch of the WynnBet Sportsbook at Encore Boston Harbor in Massachusetts in early 2023.
- PlayUSA: History Of 2022 CA Sports Betting Election Battle
- When Bally’s joined the effort to pass an online sports betting initiative in California, CEO Soo Kim expected what became Prop 27 to be a collaborative effort with Indian tribes. So how did the campaign become one of the most hostile, costly failures in the history of California ballot measures?
- Legal Sports Report: Analysis: Florida Sports Betting Compact Case Gets Its Day In Court
- The day many sports betting watchers in Florida have been waiting for has finally come. Oral arguments were held Wednesday morning in the litigation over the 2021 gaming Compact that brought sports betting to the Sunshine State. The deal that was struck between Governor Ron DeSantis and the Seminole Tribe of Florida was challenged in late 2021, with a decision ending the short-lived FL sports betting product in November 2021.
- The Center Square: Promotional spending tying up Maryland sports wagering tax revenue
- Low tax yields are coming out of a record-setting month for Maryland’s sports wagering. Despite $160.2 million in bets being handled through the first nine days of legal online sports betting in Maryland, PlayMaryland says the $704,728 yield on tax revenue is due to a higher amount of promotional spending. Online sports wagering launched on Nov. 23, and $25.9 million in gross sports betting revenues were generated, according to the analysis.
- SBC Americas: Caesars defends college football partnerships to MA Gaming Commission
- In a move that has become par for the course for the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), the group chose to delay the vote on whether or not Caesars Sportsbook qualifies for an online sportsbook license in the state. The commissioners requested additional information in multiple categories but were particularly concerned about the company’s compliance and responsible gambling measures.
- PlayOhio: BallyBet, Underdog, Betway Among Newly Licensed Ohio Sportsbook Apps
- BallyBet Sportsbook, Betway Sportsbook and Underdog Sportsbook have been approved to operate in the state of Ohio. At its Dec. 14 meeting, the Ohio Casino Control Commission awarded its latest round of retail and online sportsbook licenses, just two and a half weeks ahead of the launch of legal sports betting in Ohio on Jan. 1.
- PlayTexas: 300: Rise Of The Gambling Lobbyists In Texas
- Most Texas lawmakers remain opposed to any expansion of gambling in the state. Soon, 300 lobbyists will descend on the Capitol to convince them otherwise. Do they have what it takes? Will they be able to change the minds of those who have kept casinos and sports betting out of Texas? Or, once again, will the political winds be too strong to overcome?