- Legal Sports Report: Sports Betting Lobby Responds To Senator’s Call To Leave College
- The American gambling industry’s main trade association last week responded on to a U.S. Senator’s demands that sports betting operators stop advertising on college campuses. Bill Miller, CEO of the American Gaming Association, acknowledged several concerns raised by Sen. Richard Blumenthal in a letter sent to the industry lobby last week.
- Variety: Sports Gambling & Media: A Special Report
- Sports betting has been one of 2022’s hot topics. Viewers can’t watch a televised or streamed sporting event without ads and partnerships for online sportsbooks. But in addition to being a growing consumer activity, mobile sports gambling is becoming increasingly important to the media business. Variety Intelligence Platform’s latest special report takes a deep look at the continued rise of sports betting and what it means for media partners.
- SBC Americas: BetMGM Issued $146k Fine In Maryland For Taking Bets Illegally
- BetMGM has been issued a fine by the Maryland Lottery & Gaming Control Commission for taking bets before it had been issued an online sports betting license in the Old Line State. During a recent meeting, the commission explained that on November 16, BetMGM’s website took 146 wagers over the space of three hours in the state of Maryland, a week before it had been issued a license to operate in the state.
- PlayIA: November Sports Betting Revenue Nearly $14.1M Less Than Last Year
- Iowa sports betting revenue in November of roughly $5.8 million was nearly $14.1 million less than November 2021’s figures. Thanks to two massive payouts to legendary sports bettor Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale, Iowa produced a revenue total of just $5,802,260.86. That stands as the lowest revenue figure since September of 2021, according to the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
- PlayNJ: NJ Sportsbooks Report $1.1 Billion In November Bets, Near Record Online Casino Revenue
- November’s NJ sports betting handle was $1.1 billion – the second highest for 2022. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) released the latest monthly figures earlier today. Notably, the Garden State is on pace to exceed $10 billion in yearly handle when December numbers are released in early 2023. The year-to-date total currently stands at just under $9.9 billion.
- Gaming Today: Ohio Sportsbook Launch List Could Come Midweek
- Jessica Franks knows Ohio sports bettors are ready for the state’s sportsbook launch on Jan. 1. What she doesn’t know is how many sportsbooks will go live that day. State regulators are still doing operational checks to make sure that the state’s 22 conditionally approved in-person and 22 conditionally approved mobile sports betting licensees are ready for launch on New Year’s Day, the communications director for the Ohio Casino Control Commission told Gaming Today on Friday.
- Sports Handle: Unpacking Barstool Sportsbook’s Alleged Ohio Sports Wagering Violation
- Wednesday continued a tumultuous stretch for PENN Entertainment and its Barstool Sportsbook, as the Ohio Casino Control Commission (OCCC) brought up a notice of violation against the company for allegedly targeting college students in advertising. Last week, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) delayed a decision regarding a retail sports betting license for PENN Entertainment’s Plainridge Park.
- The Dallas Morning News: Mark Cuban Has Vegas-Like Vision For Dallas, New Mavericks Arena If Texas OKs Casino Gambling
- Now his plans are substantially larger in scope, grandeur and — he believes — economic windfall for Dallas and Texas. And himself, naturally. “My goal, and we’d partner with Las Vegas Sands, is when we build a new arena it’ll be in the middle of a resort and casino,” Cuban told The Dallas Morning News. “That’s the mission.”