iDEA Growth Member News:
- iGaming Business, 11.29.19 – Kambi To Partner DraftKings For Sports Betting In New Hampshire
- Sports betting provider Kambi has confirmed that it will work with DraftKings to deliver sports wagering services in the state of New Hampshire.
- Yogonet, 11.29.19 – Kindred’s Unibet Becomes ‘Authorized Sports Betting Operator’ Of The NBA
- Kindred Group’s brand Unibet announced this week it became an Authorized Sports Betting Operator of the NBA.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.29.19 – Inside Marketing In The New Era Of Legal US Sports Betting With FanDuel CMO
- Legal Sports Report spoke earlier this year with the man in charge of launching FanDuel Sportsbook in new states across the country. Here’s the second part of that conversation, diving deeper into the strategy in marketing to customers in an entirely new US market.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 11.27.19 – GGPoker Signs Daniel Negreanu, Alludes To Future US Entry
- GGNetwork, once unknown in the west, made a significant splash in the headlines last week. Its flagship online poker skin, GGPoker, announced the signing of Daniel Negreanu as an ambassador on Wednesday.
- The Wall Street Journal, 12.1.19 – Connecticut Governor Aims To Expand State’s Gambling, But No Dice
- The process of expanding Connecticut’s gambling industry has left Gov. Ned Lamont stumped.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.27.19 – New Jersey DGE Warns Media To Stay Clear Of Offshore Sportsbooks (subscription paywall)
- Mainstream media and news outlets should avoid referencing the odds of unlicensed sportsbooks due to “the dangers posed by these illicit sites,” according to a formal notice published on Tuesday by New Jersey’s Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE).
- Gambling Compliance, 12.2.19 – Grey Machine Debate Adds Another Chapter In Pennsylvania (subscription paywall)
- A recent Pennsylvania court ruling is reflective of the ongoing debate over so-called grey market gaming machines in states throughout the country.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.26.19 – Virginia Casino Study Projects Almost $1bn In Annual Net Gaming Revenues (subscription paywall)
- A legislative economic impact study on the potential Virginia casino market indicates that authorizing a market with five casinos, sports betting, and online casino gaming could bring in almost $270m in annual tax revenues for the state.
- Virginia Mercury, 11.27.19 – Sports Betting, Addiction Resources And The Mob: 5 More Takeaways From Virginia’s Big Gambling Report
- Here are five more takeaways from the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Committee (JLARC) study that’s meant to guide lawmakers’ thinking on casinos, sports betting and other types of gambling for the 2020 General Assembly session.
- SBC Americas, 11.29.19 – NH Lottery Commission Extends Sports Betting Contract With INTRALOT
- Greek lottery operator INTRALOT has confirmed this week that its US subsidiary, INTRALOT Inc, has signed a contract extension to provide its sports betting solutions to the New Hampshire Lottery Commission.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.27.19 – DC Sports Betting Operators Can Start Applying Tuesday
- Sports betting in the nation’s capital will take a big step next week as Washington, DC, opens the licensing process on Tuesday.
- Sports Handle, 11.27.19 – District Of Columbia To Make Sports Wagering Applications Available On Dec. 3
- On Tuesday, the District of Columbia Office of Lottery and Gaming (OLG) announced the forthcoming availability of sports wagering license applications on Tuesday, Dec. 3 through its online portals.
- Westword, 11.27.19 – Denver Businesses Looking To Hit The Jackpot On Legal Sports Betting
- While monitoring developments in the push to legalize sports betting in Colorado, Chris Fuselier began to envision his bar, Blake Street Tavern, as a betting location. While the final language of the successful ballot initiative may have killed his initial dream, since physical betting locations will be limited to casinos in Cripple Creek, Central City and Black Hawk, not all bets are off for Fuselier.
- SBC Americas, 11.27.19 – Sports Betting Stable As Nevada’s Overall Win Tops $1bn In October
- Despite a small drop of 3.85% in gaming win revenue in Nevada during October, overall returns of $1.022bn ensured that the state was still ahead by just less than 1% year-on-year.
Sports League News:
- The Washington Post, 11.29.19 – An NFL Player Was Caught Betting On Games. He’s Suspended At Least Through Next Season.
- The NFL suspended Arizona Cardinals cornerback Josh Shaw for at least all of next season for gambling on NFL games, the league announced Friday.
- ESPN, 11.30.19 – Sources: NFL Reminded Teams Of Rules Against Gambling Shortly Before Josh Shaw Suspension
- Shortly before the NFL announced that Arizona Cardinals defensive back Josh Shaw was suspended through at least the 2020 season, the league sent a memo to all teams reaffirming that any employee found gambling on football would be terminated, league sources told ESPN.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.29.19 – NFL Player Suspended Through 2020 Season For Betting On Games
- The NFL announced that a member of the Arizona Cardinals has been suspended through the 2020 season after betting on league games “on multiple occasions this season.”
- The San Diego Union-Tribune, 11.30.19 – PGA Tour Goes All In On Legalized Gambling
- Professional golf was ripe for gambling opportunities, and starting in 2020, betting will be available with the PGA Tour’s use of its ShotLink system.