Industry News of the Day for December 21, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- PlayWV, 12.20.20 – FanDuel Partnership With Scientific Games Will Debut New Sportsbook Technology In WV
- Scientific Games announced that its new partnership with FanDuel Group includes the introduction of its latest online sportsbook solution.
- Sports Handle, 12.18.20 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: New Jersey Nears $1 Billion Monthly Bets, Conflicts In Kentucky, California Tribal Initiative Advances, Epic Bad Beat
- Here’s the weekend (or fashionably late) Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top US sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
Overall Industry News:
- The Washington Post, 12.19.20 – As Legal Betting Booms, Journalists Jump From Sports Page To Sportsbook
- In a rush to attract new customers, gambling operators have turned to sports media companies, which are in their own race to cash in on the legal-betting boom.
- SBC Americas, 12.21.20 – BetMGM Wagering Goes Mobile In Pennsylvania
- BetMGM has launched its mobile sports betting app in the state of Pennsylvania, soon after unveiling its online casino offering for the Keystone State.
- Online Poker Report, 12.18.20 – Pennsylvania Online Gambling Revenue Flatlines In November, As Table Games Wagers Exceed Slots For The First Time
- Pennsylvania’s legal online gambling market is all grown up. Sixteen months in, it has experienced what is only its second month without significant growth.
- NY Sports Day, 12.18.20 – How Senator Addabbo Hopes To Add $1 Billion To NY Budget With Help Of Mobile Sports Betting
- Senator Addabbo’s mobile sports betting bill may not have made it through the Assembly last year. However, a revenue bill is his next chance to bring legal online sports betting to New York.
- PlayWV, 12.18.20 – West Virginia Sportsbook November Betting Handle Grows to $48 Million
- Online sportsbooks in West Virginia saw consistent results in the month of November. In total, they accepted over $48 million in overall handle.
- PlayWV, 12.19.20 – BetRivers Online Casino Set To Launch With Century Casinos Deal
- Residents in the Mountain State will soon have another option when it comes to West Virginia online casinos.
- The Action Network, 12.18.20 – Court Cases Shake Up Kentucky Gaming But Sports Betting Obstacles Remain
- Two major court decisions this year have altered the playing field for Kentucky’s already limited gaming options, possibly adding more variables to the state’s already precarious sports betting hopes.
- FOX 4 KC, 12.18.20 – Three Missouri Lawmakers Propose Bills To Legalize Sports Betting In The State
- Some Missouri Republican lawmakers want to legalize sports betting in the state, already filing bills to do just that.
- Alabama Political Reporter, 12.18.20 – Kay Ivey’s Study Group On Gambling Releases Report
- Kay Ivey’s study group on gambling policy on Friday released its long-awaited report, which shows that a majority of Alabamians polled support a state lottery and legalized gambling.
- WSFA, 12.18.20 – ‘Gambling Will Work’ In Alabama, Ivey’s Study Group Leader Says
- The governor’s Study Group on Gambling Policy has finalized its work and has issued an 800-page report on the matter for Gov. Kay Ivey to review.
- WVUE, 12.18.20 – Louisiana Fantasy Sports Betting Targeted To Open In Time For Fall Football Season
- Gambling may not be for everyone, but Joel Smith says Fantasy Football can make anyone a fan.
- PlayNevada, 12.18.20 – Could Nevada Legalize State Lottery To Make Up For Massive Lost Revenue?
- Nevada is running at a financial deficit thanks to the global coronavirus pandemic.
- Sports Handle, 12.18.20 – Washington State Sports Betting Regulations Coming In Spring ‘21
- Washington State regulators are aiming for spring to release and approve regulations for sports betting, they announced at Thursday’s Washington State Gambling Commission meeting.