- Legal Sports Report: What NCAA Changes Could Mean For Sports Betting
- While many people are busy with holiday prepping and planning for the new year, the NCAA has had a fairly significant month. It began last Thursday with the announcement that Massachusetts Gov. Chalie Baker would become the organization’s next president, replacing the outgoing president Mark Emmert in March.
- SBC Americas: Times Are Changing; Assessing The Need For Retention-Based Acquisition
- Shelly Suter-Hadad, transformational leader and industry veteran, takes a pause after 10 years in executive roles to reflect on the biggest challenges that companies face today and what she sees on the horizon for future-facing leadership.
- PlayMaryland: Betr Late Than Never? Launch Of Online Sportsbook In Maryland Uncertain
- Online sports wagering has officially begun in Maryland. Surprisingly, the Jake Paul-owned brand betr sportsbook has yet to receive a license to operate in The Old Line State. While seven operators have already answered the call to offer online wagering to Marylanders, betr is not one of them.
- US Gaming Review: MA Retail & Online Sports Betting to Launch in Early 2023
- On Thursday, regulators in Massachusetts announced during an open meeting that retail sports betting will officially launch in the state on January 31, 2023, with online sports betting expected to follow suit in March.
- PlayMichigan: Interstate Online Poker Goes Live At PokerStars Michigan And New Jersey Jan. 1
- The day is finally here for Michigan online poker players to compete with players in New Jersey. On Friday, PokerStars announced it will combine player pools across Michigan and NJ beginning on Jan. 1, 2023. They will also host some exciting tournaments to celebrate the big day.
- PlayMissouri: A Second Sports Betting Pre-File Sets Missouri Up For 2023 Senate Bill Battle
- It’s difficult to be optimistic that legal Missouri sports betting will come to life in 2023. Efforts to bring sports wagering to The Show Me State have failed for five years. There is hope, however, that lawmakers will get it done in the coming session.
- PlayNY: Online Casino Legalization In New York Hinges On Responsible Gambling
- Online casinos in the state of New York seem to be a matter of when, not if. But a major factor in its legalization is about ensuring bettors can practice responsible gambling. Assemb. Gary Pretlow believes “the real push” is coming in 2023.
- Cleveland.com: Sports Betting Operators Warned To Follow Advertising Rules Ahead Of Jan. 1 Launch
- The Ohio Casino Control Commission on Friday scolded but did not take action against bookmakers accused of not following advertising rules a week ahead of the official launch of legal wagering. When promoting sports betting, bookmakers are supposed to maintain responsible gaming messaging that is “conspicuous” and does not target people under the age of 21.