iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 12.3.20 – Flutter Poised To Own 95% Stake In FanDuel Following Accelerated Acquisition
- Flutter announced Thursday that it has entered into a conditional agreement with a group of private equity investors to purchase an additional 37.2% stake in FanDuel for $4.18 billion in a deal that values the U.S. sports betting and daily fantasy sports operator at $11.2 billion.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.3.20 – Flutter Acquires Remaining 37% Of FanDuel For $4.2 Billion
- Flutter has announced a $4.2 billion deal to buy up a further 37% stake in FanDuel Group from its early private equity investors.
- PlayIA, 12.3.20 – 888 Inks Access Deal, Readies For Iowa’s 2021 Online Sports Betting Market
- There may not be anywhere close to 888 options for online sports betting in Iowa yet, but it could soon feel like it. The 888 sportsbook is the latest to gain entry into the Hawkeye State.
- PlayUSA, 12.3.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Sheldon Adelson Deploys Lobbyists In Texas
- On this week’s rewind, billionaire Sheldon Adelson prepares to deploy lobbyist troops in Texas – yes, Texas! Plus, Virginia moves up its online sports betting timeline and Illinois casinos embrace iGaming.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.3.20 – Why Single-Skin Sports Betting Could Limit Ohio, New York Markets
- A regulatory model that could limit the sports betting market in Ohio and New York is under consideration in both states.
- The Action Network, 12.3.20 – Sports Betting Challenges Remain In 3 States Following Key 2020 Voter Referendums
- Voters overwhelmingly supported sports betting in three states with legalization referendums on their respective 2020 ballots, opening up all three to legal wagering as early as next year.
- SBC Americas, 12.4.20 – BOSA-Digital: Estimating The Potential Worth Of Sports Betting And iGaming
- The US sports betting and igaming could be worth as much as $20bn by 2030 according to Barry Jonas of Truist Securities.
- SBC Americas, 12.4.20 – BOSA-Digital: Cathryn Lai On The Future Of US Sports Betting Technology
- Cathryn Lai, Scientific Games’ SVP and GM, US-Digital, joined SBC Managing Director Andrew McCarron at this week’s Betting on Sports America – Digital, to engage in a discussion dedicated to the “Future for Sports Betting technology in the US.
- PlayPennsylvania, 12.3.20 – Barstool Sportsbook Paving The Way For App Launches In Major Sports Cities
- Penn National’s leader Jay Snowden wants the Barstool app live in Michigan as soon as it is approved.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 12.3.20 – As Nevada’s Gambling Treatment Diversion Court Reaches Its Second Anniversary, New Jersey Contemplates Following Suit
- States including New Jersey are looking at the possibility of launching gambling treatment courts of their own.
- US Bets, 12.3.20 – Technology Can Assist In Addressing Problem Gambling, But Use So Far Comes Up Short
- Industry panelists say online operators need to be more proactive about assisting problem gamblers.
- PlayUSA, 12.3.20 – BetMGM To Become Latest In Pennsylvania Online Casino Offerings
- Should everything go according to plan, come Friday, Dec. 4, BetMGM will become the 13th Pennsylvania online casino.
- New York Post, 12.3.20 – Yankees Boss Randy Levine: NY Should Legalize Mobile Sports Betting To Address Fiscal Crisis
- Yankees president Randy Levine laid out a sweeping plan to help New York City’s cash-starved government weather the pandemic-fueled fiscal crisis on Thursday — including legalizing mobile sports betting.
- SBC Americas, 12.3.20 – BOSA-Digital: Mobilizing Change For Sports Betting In New York
- The ongoing struggle to legalize mobile sports betting in New York State was given a high-profile airing this week during SBC’s Betting on Sports America – Digital conference.
- Delta Democrat-Times, 12.3.20 – Legislature Could Consider Legislation To Add Mobile Sports Wagering
- Mississippians could soon legally place bets on sports event from the comfort of their couches as soon as next year if a bill is passed by the Legislature.
- WSN, 12.3.20 – Oregon Sets New October Sports Wagering Record But Concerns Remain
- Seemingly lost in the sports wagering headlines among several US states including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Indiana enjoying record-breaking months in October was west coast Oregon.