iDEA Growth Member News:
- New Haven Register, 12.7.20 – Connecticut Hasn’t Legalized Sports Betting, But A State Casino Is Now Partnering With DraftKings
- Foxwoods Resort Casino has signed a deal with DraftKings as the platform to host online sports betting pending any legalization in Connecticut.
- SBC Americas, 12.7.20 – DraftKings And Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation Combine In Connecticut
- DraftKings and the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation have struck a multi-channel deal this week, setting the stage to deliver access for online sports betting ahead of the anticipated launch of legal sports betting in Connecticut.
- iGB North America, 12.7.20 – DraftKings Seals Betting Partnership With Foxwoods Parent
- DraftKings has struck a deal to launch online and retail sports betting in Connecticut, through a new partnership with the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation, operator of Foxwoods Resort Casino.
- PlayTenn, 12.4.20 – GVC Enhances Responsible Gaming Initiatives With PlayPause
- International gaming operator GVC Holdings was recently announced as the first official PlayPause partner.
- iGB North Americas, 12.7.20 – BetMGM Launches Online Casino In Pennsylvania
- BetMGM, the betting brand operated via the Roar Digital joint venture between GVC Holdings and MGM Resorts, has launched an online casino offering in the state of Pennsylvania.
- PlayIndiana, 12.4.20 – Looks Like Barstool Sportsbook Won’t Be Indiana’s Next Betting App
- Barstool Sportsbook fans will have to wait a while longer for the app’s Indiana launch. 888 will likely beat Barstool to market in Indiana, unless some unforeseen delays end up happening.
- Sports Handle, 12.5.20 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: Three More For Missouri, BOSA Summit, More
- Here’s the weekend (or fashionably late) Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- MLive, 12.6.20 – Michigan Online Sports Betting, Casino Gaming Now Expected To Launch In Early 2021, State Official Says
- Sports bettors in Michigan will have to wait until early next year for online gambling.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.7.20 – Senator: Ohio Sports Betting Change Targets ‘People Who Could Scuttle The Whole Operation’
- New details of the Ohio Senate’s sports betting proposal create some ambiguity about the potential for legalization this year.
- The Southern Maryland Chronicle, 12.4.20 – Next Steps For Maryland Sports Betting
- The voters have spoken. The people of Maryland went to the polls on Nov. 3 and voted two-thirds in favor of legalizing sports betting within the state.
- TN Bets, 12.4.20 – Data Shows Young Tennessee Sports Betting Market Highly Active, Off To Hot Start
- After roughly 18 months of taxiing on the runway post-legalization, it appears the legal Tennessee sports betting market is off to a fast start from the shotgun launch of four sportsbooks on Nov. 1.
- Gambling.Com, 12.5.20 – Report: North Carolina, Tribe Amend Compact For Sports Betting
- North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper has approved an amendment to the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians’ gaming compact, allowing sports betting to move forward at the two Harrah’s Cherokee casinos in the western part of the state.
- Smoky Mountain News, 12.4.20 – Governor, Tribe Approve Sports Betting Agreement
- After a yearlong delay, the effort to bring sports betting to Harrah’s Cherokee Casinos is finally moving forward following Gov. Roy Cooper’s approval of a proposed amendment to the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians’ gaming compact.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.4.20 – Missouri Senators Prepare For Another Sports Betting Push In 2021
- Senators in Missouri are wasting no time in letting the legislature know they want to see sports betting legalized in 2021.
- PlayIA, 12.4.20 – Minnesota Legislator Wins Big Betting NFL Games In Iowa
- Minnesota Rep. Pat Garofalo, who has been in the Minnesota Legislature for 15 years, would like to bet in his own state rather than drive to Iowa.
- Gambling.Com, 12.4.20 – Oregon November Sports Betting Revenue Up 50%, Handle Down
- While Oregon saw the amount wagered in November fall 15% from its record in October, revenue increased nearly 50% in November.