iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 12.7.21: Sportradar Pens Five-year Extension To Long-term Kambi Deal
- Data provider Sportradar and sports betting supplier Kambi Group have signed a five-year extension to their long-term, wide-ranging wagering partnership.
- SBC, 12.7.21: FanDuel Confirms Two New Sportsbook Launches In Louisiana And Maryland
- FanDuel Group, Boyd Gaming and Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel in Vinton, Louisiana have confirmed that the opening of the FanDuel Sportsbook at Delta Downs will take place this week on Thursday, pending regulatory approvals.
- SBC, 12.6.21: DraftKings and BetMGM Triumph At Inaugural SBC Awards North America
- DraftKings, BetMGM, IGT PlaySports, and Scientific Games were among the big winners at the glittering SBC Awards North America 2021 ceremony in New York City last week.
- US Bets, 12.7.21: DraftKings And The NFL Teaming Up For ‘Gamified’ NFTs Next Season
- DraftKings’ push into the NFT world continued apace Tuesday morning with the announcement the company has entered into an agreement with the NFL and the NFL Players Association to launch gamified NFTs (non-fungible tokens) on the DraftKings Marketplace in time for the 2022-23 NFL season.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 12.7.21: Backed By Paul George, New App Aims To Streamline Sports Betting
- When you bet on sports, no matter who you are, winning is always preferable to losing. But while there are some bettors who value monetary gain above all other considerations, there are others for whom a string of wagers acts as a sort of social cartilage, a ritualistic way to stay in touch with far-flung acquaintances.
- FOX 5, 12.6.21: Maryland Sports Betting Set To Begin This Week After More Than A Year Of Delays
- After more than a year of delays, the first casino in Maryland has announced it’s ready to launch its sports gambling operation on Friday.
- Baltimore Sun, 12.6.21: Baltimore-area Casinos To Open In-person Sports Betting On Friday With Wagers Capped At $5 Million
- Baltimore-area casinos — which have waited years for permission to offer wagering on football, basketball and other sports — will open in-person sports betting to the public Friday.
- News4Jax, 12.6.21: Seminoles Shut Down Sports Betting Operations
- The Hard Rock Sportsbook app was up and running for only slightly more than a month before being shut down.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.6.21: Florida Sports Betting On Ice As Hard Rock Pulls Sportsbook App
- Hard Rock pulled its sportsbook app over the weekend after a series of court rulings against the legality of sports betting in Florida.
- Sports Handle, 12.6.21: Additional 2% Tax Proposed On Future Sportsbooks Within Chicago
- The cost for sportsbooks to do business in Chicago could get even steeper. The day before a city council committee is scheduled to vote on a retail sportsbook ordinance, a new clause increasing taxes on wagers placed in the city has been added to the language.