iDEA Growth Member News
- PlayUSA: Ohio Regulators Approve Sportradar For Vendor License
- Sportradar’s subsidiary, Sportradar Solutions, received a sports gaming supplier license from the Ohio Casino Control Commission (OCCC). The news comes ahead of Buckeye State’s sports betting market launch.
- Poker Industry Pro: 888 Switches Gears, Will Focus on US Online Casino Gaming
- More than a year after the 888 Holdings launched bold plans to launch an online sportsbook with a Sports Illustrated (SI) theme in several US states, the company said it will change course and instead focus on offering an SI-themed casino product in states with legal regulated online casino gaming.
- PlayTexas: Is Fertitta Eyeing A Full Takeover Of Wynn?
- Tilman Fertitta is increasing his footprint in the casino industry in a big way. The owner of the Houston Rockets and Landry’s Inc., the hospitality enterprise and parent company behind Golden Nugget Casinos, purchased 6.9 million shares of Wynn Resorts in October for an estimated $385 million.
- US Bets: Bally’s Presents Updated Chicago Casino Plans To Public
- Bally’s Corporation displayed some of the adjustments it has made in planning for its $1.7 billion casino in downtown Chicago on Monday night, offering more details on configurations to try and alleviate the concern over traffic congestion expressed by River West residents.
- PlayMaryland: BetFanatics Sportsbook Eyes January Launch In Maryland
- After months of waiting by sports fans and gambling aficionados, online sports wagering is live and legal in Maryland. There’s one company absent from the growing list of live sportsbooks accepting wagers, however. BetFanatics has yet to come online in Maryland, but its debut is just around the corner.
- WBOC: Maryland – Gaming Revenues From Casinos Top $163M In November
- Maryland’s six casinos combined to generate $163,371,464 in revenue from slot machines and table games during November 2022. The total represents an increase of $3,007,875 (1.9%) compared to November 2021, Maryland Lottery & Gaming officials said Tuesday. Casino gaming contributions to the state in November 2022 totaled $67,711,424, an increase of $537,952 (0.8%) compared to November 2021.
- Gaming Today: Concerns About Barstool Prompt Delay in Massachusetts Sportsbook Licensing
- Just four months after signing sports betting into law, Massachusetts today considered what could be its first sports betting licensee ahead of the commonwealth’s January retail launch. The applicant is Plainridge Park Casino, a Boston-area racino that is one of three casinos eligible to offer in-person sports betting in the commonwealth under Massachusetts’ new sports wagering law.
- Detroit News: Detroit Casinos Miss U.S. Gaming Surge; Can They Recover?
- With overall casino activity across the United States surging, Michigan casino operators are working to bring more patrons through the doors amid an uncertain economy, the popularity of online gaming and sports betting and the lingering impact of the COVID-19 pandemic combining to slow traffic on casino floors.
- PlayUSA: Missouri Sports Betting A Top Priority For 2023
- Missouri Gov. Mike Parson has indicated he would sign a sports betting bill should it appear on his desk. If passed by the state legislature and signed by the governor, sports betting would go into effect on Aug. 28, before the start of the 2023 NFL season.