- Sports Handle, 12.6.19 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: KY Bill Pre-Filed, CO Working On Regs
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top stories and rounding up key stories in sports betting, gaming, and the world of sports at large.
- Play Pennsylvania, 12.6.19 – State Auditor To Investigate Potential Pennsylvania Lottery Fraud
- Pennsylvania’s two-term Auditor General Eugene DePasquale plans a performance audit of the state’s Lottery. That’s a bureau within the state’s Revenue Department.
- Associated Press, 12.8.19 – Michigan Nears Deal To Legalize Sports, Online Gambling
- The Legislature and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer are closing in on an agreement to legalize sports betting and internet gambling in Michigan, with final votes possible this week.
- Online Poker Report, 12.7.19 – Kentucky Online Poker Sponsor To Take Another Bite At The Apple In 2020
- When 2019 began, Kentucky looked like it was on track to become the fifth state to legalize online poker — after Nevada, New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. West Virginia beat it to the punch, as it turned out, but the Bluegrass State could still become number six.
- San Francisco Chronicle, 12.7.19 – Tribal Casinos Make Bold Play To Control Sports Betting In California – And Legislators Are Not Happy
- Betting that California is moving toward legalizing sports wagers, American Indian tribes are looking to dominate the action.
- Legal Sports Betting, 12.9.19 – Missouri Sports Betting Bills Dig Up Integrity Fee From The Ashes
- Two prefiled Missouri sports betting bills in the Senate include what operators might hate the most: integrity fees.
- Play USA, 12.6.19 – Missouri House Committee Reports Casts Sports Betting Legalization In Favorable Light
- The legalization of sports betting in Missouri could be one step closer to reality. If a Missouri committee report carries any weight, the wheels could start moving in the next legislative term.
- Online Poker Report, 12.6.19 – North Carolina Lottery Commission Wants To Put Instant Tickets Online
- The North Carolina Education Lottery appears to be on the verge of expanding its range of gaming options. Sometime in the next year, folks in the Tarheel State should be able to buy instant-win “scratch” tickets online.
- Play WV, 12.6.19 – Retail Sports Betting Handle In WV Back On Top, But For How Long?
- After it appeared that online sports betting was going to overtake retail sportsbooks for good, the three active land-based books in West Virginia regained the lead.
- Gambling Compliance, 12.9.19 – Rush Street Signals Commitment To Massachusetts Casino Market (subscription paywall)
- With the federal government unlikely to retake land into trust for the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) is exploring next steps for the state’s final casino license earmarked for the southeastern part of the state.
- The Lines, 12.6.19 – Will New Hampshire Sports Betting Succeed Or Fail? A Unique System Brings Unique Risks
- The first legal sports bets in New Hampshire should be placed in time for March Madness next year. When Governor Chris Sununu signed the H480 bill into law in July he stated that he wanted things to start even earlier, before the end of the NFL season.
Sports League News:
- Gambling Compliance, 12.9.19 – Questions Persist After Suspension Of NFL Player For Betting Against His Team (subscription paywall)
- The gaming industry does not appear to be losing any sleep over the indefinite suspension of Arizona Cardinals defensive back Josh Shaw by the National Football League (NFL) for wagering on games this year, including betting against his own team.