iDEA Growth Member News:
- IGB, 12.9.21: PointsBet Signs First Sports Betting Deal With Big Ten Conference Program
- PointsBet has signed a multi-year deal with the University of Maryland Athletics organization.
- Sports Handle, 12.9.21: FanDuel Opens Two New Retail Sportsbooks In Louisiana
- FanDuel held soft openings for two new brick-and-mortar sportsbooks in Louisiana on Wednesday, with ribbon cuttings scheduled for Thursday. The launches bring the total number of retail wagering venues in the state to eight.
- Play USA, 12.8.21: New York Online Sports Betting Aiming For Launch Soon – Everything To Know So Far
- For New Yorkers who have been traveling into Connecticut, New Jersey, and/or Pennsylvania to place legal bets on sporting events online there, your days of having to do so could be numbered.
- NBC CT, 12.8.21: Online Gaming, Sports Betting Successful in First Two Months
- Casinos have seen success in the first couple of months of legal sports betting and online gaming in Connecticut as the state expects to reap the tax money from the surge.
- Play OH, 12.9.21: Ohio Legislature Decides On Sports Betting Language, Sends Bill To Governor
- Sports betting is coming to Ohio, and it’s shaping up to be one of the more inclusive markets in the country.
- The Columbus Dispatch, 12.8.21: Lawmakers’ Compromise Could Legalize Sports Betting In Ohio By 2023, Dewine Says He’ll Sign
- Ohioans could bet on the Buckeyes, Browns, Bengals and other teams by 2023 under a new plan hammered out to legalize sports betting.
- Action Network, 12.8.21: Ohio State Legislature Approves Sports Betting Bill
- The Ohio state senate passed a bill to legalize sports betting for both retail and mobile on Wednesday by a 31-1 vote.
- Legal Sports Report, 12.8.21: Maryland Sportsbooks: Approvals, Retail Launch And A PointsBet-Terps Deal
- Two more Maryland sportsbooks were licensed Wednesday just before the first three retail books open to take bets.
- Sports Handle, 12.8.21: Maryland Sports Wagering Commission Awards Two Additional Licenses
- Wednesday punctuated a busy week in Maryland sports betting, as the state’s Sports Wagering Application Review Commission (SWARC) awarded a pair of sports betting licenses to off-track betting (OTB) facilities.
- FOX 5, 12.9.21: Official Launch Of Sports Betting In Maryland At MGM National Harbor
- The official launch of sports betting in Maryland is happening Thursday at MGM National Harbor.
- TN Bets, 12.9.21: New Tennessee Betting Regulator Wants To Help Problem Gamblers
- The Tennessee Sports Wagering Advisory Council (SWAC) has come up with several priorities to act on once it assumes its role as the state’s sports betting regulator on Jan. 1, taking the reins from the lottery.
- Sports Handle, 12.8.21: Monthly U.S. Sports Betting Handle Clears $7 Billion With Illinois’ $840M In October
- Illinois furthered October’s run of record-smashing with regards to sports betting handle nationwide, entering the top 10 all-time in the post-PASPA era after the Illinois Gaming Board on Wednesday reported a traditional handle of $840.4 million.
- Sports Handle, 12.9.21: Alberta Regulators Close To Adopting Limited-Operator Model For Sports Betting Market
- As Alberta moves closer to launching a commercial sports betting market, there are strong indications that regulators prefer a limited-operator model for sports wagering in destination facilities across Canada’s fourth-most populous province.