iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 2.11.22: PointsBet’s Online And Mobile Sports Betting Goes Live In Pennsylvania
- PointsBet has announced that its mobile app and digital sports betting product are now live in the state of Pennsylvania.
- SBC, 2.11.22: Mohegan Gaming Soft-opens FanDuel Sportsbook At Mohegan Sun
- Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment (MGE) has announced the soft-opening of a new sportsbook at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut in partnership with FanDuel.
- SBC, 2.11.22L Paysafe: Super Bowl Will Be A Defining Moment For US Sports Betting Industry
- Paysafe’s Zak Cutler, CEO of North America iGaming, has reflected on how this year’s Big Game will be a defining moment for all areas of the industry, sports betting and payment firms alike.
- Play USA, 2.10.22: FanDuel Sportsbooks In Connecticut & Washington State Open In Time For Super Bowl
- Just in time for Super Bowl Sunday, the FanDuel Sportsbook is available in two new locations: Connecticut and Washington State.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 2.11.22: SportsHandle: That Was The Week That Was In US Sports Betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- NPR, 2.11.22: Online Betting Companies Are Kicking Off A Super Bowl Ad Blitz
- It’s not just the office pool anymore. More than half of U.S. states now allow legalized sports betting, and in many cases it’s as easy as opening an app on your smartphone and making a wager.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 2.10.22: NFL Inks First Canadian Sports Betting Partner Ahead Of Super Bowl
- With single-event wagering now allowed in Canada, the NFL struck a new partnership just in time for Super Bowl betting.
- New York Times, 2.10.22: The N.F.L.’s About-Face on Sports Gambling
- For those who may have only recently started to pay attention to sports betting — perhaps because of the barrage of commercials during the N.F.L. playoffs and the Olympics featuring the Manning family and other former athletes — here is a guide to how the N.F.L. did an about-face in just a decade.
- Play IN, 2.11.22: New Record: IN Sports Betting Hits $500 Million In January Wagers
- Indiana started off the year with a new sports betting record. Hoosiers wagered over $500 million on sports during January.
- Play IA, 2.11.22: Analysis: January 2022 Sets Single-Month Record; Numbers Offer First Look At The Year Ahead
- College football ended and the NFL shifted to the postseason, but betting volume in January 2022 still set a record, according to monthly figures released Friday.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.11.22: California Online Sports Betting Fight Heats Up In Super Bowl State
- Three California tribes are trying to block the operator-backed online sports betting initiative in the state.
- WCAX, 2.10.22: Bennington Lawmaker Pushes Online Sports Betting Bill
- The biggest game in football is right around the corner and millions of Americans are placing their online bets. In Vermont, sports betting remains illegal, but some lawmakers are hoping that a new bill could change that.
- Sport Handle, 2.10.22: Maryland Posts Sports Betting Handle Of $32.5M In January
- Maryland Lottery and Gaming reported $32.5 million in sports betting handle for January in the state’s first full month of retail wagering, according to figures released Thursday.