Industry News of the Day for February 12, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 2.11.21 – NASCAR Legend Clint Bowyer Joins Fox Bet Brand For 2021 Season
- Former NASCAR driver, NASCAR Xfinity Series Champion and current FOX NASCAR race analyst Clint Bowyer has joined the FOX Bet brand for the 2021 season.
- Gambling.com, 2.11.21 – NY Sets Mark But Sports Betting Still Badly Trails Neighbors
- The demand for sports betting in New York was reflected in record-setting revenue numbers at the Empire State’s four sportsbooks recorded in January — with hopes of better times ahead, given the governor’s about-face on mobile wagering.
- TN Bets, 2.11.21 – BetMGM Stakes Claim As Top Sportsbook In TN Based On Two Months Of Revenue
- According to figures released by BetMGM during their 4Q investor presentation Wednesday, BetMGM is the number one sportsbook in Tennessee, outpacing the projected big guns — DraftKings and FanDuel — in 2020 revenue in the state.
- Sports Handle, 2.11.21 – Alabama Gaming Bill That Includes Sports Betting Awaits Senate Vote
- The state of Alabama has taken its first steps towards legalizing sports betting as State Sen. Del Marsh’s bill to expand gaming advanced to the Senate floor Wednesday following an 11-0 vote of approval from the Senate Tourism and Marketing Committee.
- WBHM, 2.12.21 – Alabama Senate Committee Passes Gambling Bill Before Break
- The Senate Tourism Committee approved a comprehensive gambling proposal to authorize a lottery and five new casinos this week.
- MI Bets, 2.11.21 – BetMGM’s Strong Start In Michigan Driven By Robust Customer Acquisition
- BetMGM is encouraged by the first month of mobile sports betting operations in Michigan driven by high volumes for newly registered customers and relatively low customer acquisition costs for the month of January.
- PlayIllinois, 2.11.21 – Want To Bet On The Fighting Illini? Lawmaker Re-Files Bill To Allow In-State College Wagering
- Illinois State Rep. Michael J. Zalewski (D) has re-filed a bill that would remove the ban on in-state college sports wagering.
- Sports Handle, 2.11.21 – Kansas Senate Committee To Consider Amending Sports Betting Bill
- Following two days of testimony, a Kansas senate committee will consider amending SB 84, the bill that would allow for statewide mobile sports betting.
- The Action Network, 2.11.21 – Kansas Sports Betting Hearing Underscores Competing Interests
- Potential Kansas sports betting stakeholders presented neutral or opposing testimony at a hearing Thursday, not because they opposed legal wagering but because a Senate bill would prohibit them from taking bets.
- PlayIA, 2.11.21 – Iowa Bettors ‘Unofficially’ Wagered $16.3 Million On Super Bowl 55
- Start with the sunset of Iowa’s in-person registration requirement, mix in some new online sportsbooks’ promotions and heat with the biggest sporting event of the year. That’s the recipe for massive handle in Iowa.
- Sports Handle, 2.12.21 – New Georgia Sports Betting Bill Has Low Tax Rate, Would Allow Betting On Most Colleges
- A Georgia Senate bill filed earlier this week would allow for statewide mobile sports betting, but does have some key differences from a House bill filed in January.
- Texas Tribune, 2.11.21 – GOP Leaders Have Expressed Skepticism About Expanding Gambling In Texas. But Supporters See Hope In The Long Run
- Supporters of expanding gaming options in Texas say they are playing a long game this legislative session and remain convinced that the GOP-led Legislature could come around on the issues they are pushing at the Capitol.
- Gambling.com, 2.11.21 – Texas Sports Betting Effort Is A Mess; Hope Is Fading
- Gov. Dan Patrick could have summed up the plight of those hoping to see legalized sports betting in Texas anytime soon with three simple words: “Bless your heart.”
- KITV, 2.11.21 – Bills Aiming To Legalize Commercial Gambling Shot Down
- House lawmakers shot down another three measures to legalize commercial gambling at the State Capitol on Wednesday.