iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 2.21.22: Sightline Payments Appoints New Compliance And Risk Directors
- Digital payments provider Sightline Payments has appointed Shannon Nadeau and Larry Whelan to be the new directors of its compliance and risk departments, respectively.
- SBC, 2.21.22: Paysafe Expands Betwildwood Deal To Include Skrill USA Digital Wallet
- Payments platform Paysafe has expanded its partnership with BetWildwood, the online sportsbook of Wildwood Casino in Colorado, to include its revamped Skrill USA digital wallet.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 2.21.22: What’s On Tap: MLB Lockout, Champions League R16, And Caesars’ Q4 Earnings
- Each Monday, our “What’s on Tap” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting. Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- Sports Handle, 2.18.22: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: Super Bowl Aftermath
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- SBC, 2.21.22: Pennsylvania Opens 2022 With New Sportsbook And Online Casino Records
- Pennsylvania kicked off 2022 by having one of its most lucrative months yet for its online gambling industry, as records were achieved by its sportsbooks and online casinos, according to PlayPennsylvania, which tracks regulated online gaming and sports betting in the state.
- Forbes, 2.19.22: Sports Betting Could Come To Milwaukee By Year’s End
- Milwaukee residents could have the ability to place wagers on their favorite teams without having to leave town by the end of 2022 if an agreement between the State of Wisconsin and the Forest County Potawatomi Tribe is approved by the U.S. Department of the Interior.
- Play USA, 2.18.22: Oregon Sports Betting Bill Could Bring End To March Sadness
- If Oregon Senate President Peter Courtney gets his way, 2022 will be the last year in which Oregonians can’t legally wager on March Madness online. Courtney’s Oregon college sports betting bill would finally open the state up in that way.
- IGB, 2.18.22: Washington DC Sports Betting Handle Hits Six-month Low In January
- Consumer spending on sports wagering in Washington DC amounted to $18.6m in January, the lowest monthly total since August of last year.
- WHOP, 2.20.22: Legislature Could Consider Marijuana, Sports Betting Bills
- Legalizing marijuana in some form and the legalization of sports gambling are brought up every session of the Kentucky General Assembly and the fate of both of those issues remains unknown this session.
- FOX 2, 2.21.22: State Committee To Hear Bills On Legalizing Sports Betting In Missouri
- The effort to bring legalized sports betting to Missouri will be before a committee of state lawmakers in Jefferson City Tuesday.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 2.20.22: Analysis: Sports Betting Could Generate $15 Million In Tax Revenue In Missouri
- Legalized sports betting could generate more than $15 million in tax revenue for Missouri, according to a new legislative analysis.