iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 2.24.20 – Golden Nugget, Scientific Games Add Sports Betting To US Online Gambling Alliance
- Golden Nugget has agreed to a sportsbook platform deal with Scientific Games (SG) as part of an expanded online gambling partnership in the US.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 2.24.20 – Scientific Games, Golden Nugget Expand Sports Betting Partnership
- Scientific Games Corp. and Golden Nugget LLC have agreed to expand their sports wagering partnership.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.24.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Georgia, NY Wagering Advocates Seeking Mobile
- Last week was another busy one for sports betting news.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 2.25.20 – Hard Rock Platform Provider Seeking JV Partner For US Sports Betting
- Hard Rock platform provider Gaming Innovation Group (GIG) is looking for a JV partner to support its US sports betting expansion.
- Online Poker Report, 2.24.20 – US Online Lottery Couriers Face A Complicated Legal Landscape
- Websites have recently been popping up allowing individuals to buy lottery tickets in different states by utilizing third-party proxies to make purchases remotely.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 2.25.20 – Sports Leagues Wise To Bypass Courts In Seeking ‘Integrity Fees,’ Legal Experts Say
- Professional sports leagues have spent the past 18 months lobbying state legislators all over the U.S. to mandate compensation from sports betting operators for the use of statistics generated from their games.
- PlayPennsylvania, 2.24.20 – FanDuel Rides Sportsbook Success To Tops In Online Table Games
- iGaming numbers released last week showed steady overall growth and Pennsylvania players’ preference for table games, a bit of a deviation in the world of online gaming. Table games attracted $274 million in wagers compared to $192 million for slots.
- Gambling Compliance, 2.24.20 – New York Daily Fantasy League Battle Could Be Factor In Sports-Betting Talks (subscription paywall)
- While some New York legislators continue to lobby for mobile sports betting to be legalized in the state, an ongoing court battle over the legality of daily fantasy sports could provide a preview of what may follow if efforts are successful.
- NJ Online Gambling, 2.24.20 – New York DFS Players Could Face Same Lure To New Jersey As Sports Bettors Already Have
- Will New York-based sports bettors who currently cross the Hudson River by car, train, bus, bicycle, or on foot into New Jersey at some point find themselves rubbing shoulders with daily fantasy sports players in New York who also have been shut out of legal action in that state?
- Legal Sports Report, 2.25.20 – Will A New CT Sports Betting Bill Finally Make Everyone Happy?
- A new CT sports betting bill focuses solely on authorizing the activity with in-state gambling operators. Whether it solves any of the state’s lingering issues remains to be seen.
- Gambling Compliance, 2.25.20 – Mashpee’s Massachusetts Casino Plans Face Legal Fights, Tribal Infighting (subscription paywall)
- The Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe face an uphill battle in their quest to open a $1bn casino-resort in southeastern Massachusetts amid skeptical federal judges, bitter internal bickering, and the loss of a deep-pocket investor.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.24.20 – Michigan Sports Betting Deals Keep Coming As William Hill Partners With Tribes
- William Hill has secured market access for Michigan sports betting via new deals with the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians.
- Gaming Intelligence, 2.25.20 – William Hill Secures Market Access Into US State Of Michigan (subscription paywall)
- London-listed betting and gaming operator William Hill has long agreed a long-term partnership with the Grant Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians (GTB) to enter Michigan’s regulated sports betting and iGaming market.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.24.20 – Indiana Sports Betting Market Still Growing With BetMGM Launch Tuesday
- The growing Indiana sports betting market will get its fifth mobile sportsbook Tuesday when BetMGM launches with Boyd‘s Belterra casino.
- PlayIndiana, 2.24.20 – BetMGM Online Sportsbook Launching In Indiana Feb. 25
- BetMGM is finally coming online throughout Indiana. The Indiana Gaming Commission signed off on the sportsbook’s launch this morning.
- US Bets, 2.25.20 – Georgia Following Tennessee’s Lead In Legislation For Online Sports Betting
- The Peach State has thrown its hat into the sports betting ring under a very similar policy proposal to what neighboring Tennessee passed in mid-2019.
- WTVM, 2.24.20 – Chairman Gives Preview To Study Group On Gambling Policy
- The chair of the Governor’s Study Group for Gambling Policy, former Montgomery Mayor Todd Strange, said he anticipates both open and closed-door meetings aimed at gathering the facts about gambling and gaming in the state.
- The Meridian Star, 2.24.20 – Sports Betting Could Come To Cellphones In Mississippi
- Sports betting at Mississippi casinos is only expected to generate about $5 million annually in tax revenue for the state, but more importantly it has helped to stabilize the gambling industry that had been decreasing in size in recent years.
- The Denver Post, 2.25.20 – How Does Sports Betting Work In Colorado?
- This spring, gamblers in Colorado will have a variety of new ways to wager when sports betting becomes legal.
- Legal Sports Report, 2.25.20 – Montana Sports Betting Set For March Madness As Lottery Readies Reach
- Montana sports betting is finally set to start after the Montana Lottery Commission approved bet types and sports at last week’s meeting.
- SBC Americas, 2.25.20 – Sports Bet Montana Kiosks Set For March 9 Installation
- The second week of March has been earmarked by the Montana Lottery Commission as the installation date for a wave of new Sports Bet Montana betting kiosks across the state.
- Gambling Compliance, 2.24.20 – California Tribe Deny Vegas Casino Move (subscription paywall)
- Penn National wants to sell the Tropicana, while casinos operated by Caesars Entertainment are reportedly up for sale ahead of its $17.3bn merger with Eldorado Resorts, but the Man Manuel Band of Mission Indians are not preparing to buy a Las Vegas casino, at least not yet.
- Associated Press, 2.24.20 – Tribal Casino Sports Betting Bill Advances In WA Legislature
- A bill to allow Washington tribal casinos to offer betting on sports events is moving forward in the Legislature.
- Sports Handle, 2.24.20 – Washington State Senate Committee Advances Tribal-Only Sports Betting Bill Despite Strong Opposition
- Washington State moved closer Monday to pass sweeping legislation that would authorize legalized sports betting on a tribal-only basis, on premises only — but not without considerable opposition.
- Gambling Compliance, 2.25.20 – Washington Senate Advances Tribal Sports-Betting Bill Despite Opposition (subscription paywall)
- A bill authorizing sports betting exclusively on tribal lands continues its advance through the Washington state legislature on Monday, with a Senate committee endorsing a bill in spite of fierce opposition from one commercial gaming operator.
- Kent Reporter, 2.24.20 – Keiser Releases Statement On Sports Betting Bill
- After the state Senate Labor & Commerce Committee on Monday heard and passed House Bill 2638, which would legalize and regulate some sports betting in tribal facilities, committee chair Karen Keiser, D-Des Moines, released a statement.